Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agile 12 String 2500 LP Copy - Believe the Hype !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile 12 String 2500 LP Copy - Believe the Hype !!

Just picked up a couple new Agile guitars from Rondo music. One of the was the Ghost (now discontinued [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ) that WarriorX7 did a great job reviewing. Don't really have much to add to that.

I also picked up one of the 12 string Les Paul copies (now strangely removed from the site [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ). I have never had my jaw drop like it did when I removed it from the box (it's rare for me to purchase new). This thing is stunning - cheap hardware & all ! I'm one of those "elitist" people who see rosewood boards & chrome hardware and instantly think "CHEAP !". It's actually working for this guitar, though. The tuners are Grover and it has a tune-o-matic w/ stoptail which I believe is made by gotoh. Right out of the box this thing played beautifully. The action was super low - I'm not sure if this is the norm for 12 strings as this is my first. Also, I was kinda stunned by the weight of this thing. I don't have a scale but this is definitely over 10 lbs. I'm guessing it's about 12. The Cherry sunburst finish over flame maple cap is quite remarkably stunning. Again, never been a fan of this finish but they pulled it off VERY well. Binding headstock, neck & body is very smooth and I don't see any problems there. Fretwork is great, too. Both the Agiles I got had rosewood boards and too my surprise both are the nicest pieces of rosewood I've seen on a guitar (like I said I usually avoid these cause of the open grains on most and general appearance is kind of a turn off for me). Very tight grain pattern and almost as smooth as ebony. The inlays, although plastic, are done very well with no gaps and no glue left laying on the board. I don't have too much to say about the pickups - they are nothing special and are typical of what you would find in a guitar at this price. I plan on swapping them out - probably for some passive Duncans, but I have yet to research how I plan to approach that.

I was really expecting a let down somewhere through the process. Never had one though. I started the deal by emailing Rondo last friday night at 11:30 p.m. At 11:35 p.m. Kurt emailed me back the answers to my questions and told me to email him back if I had any more. Yes - at 11:30 at night I had a live human being answering my questions !! I don't know others experiences with Rondo (I've heard some negatives I guess) but I could not believe how easy they made this. Kurt is a hell of a cool guy. If anyone has been tempted by these but were scared off by the price DON'T BE !! These are good, solid guitars.

Also, Kurt couldn't tell me what other brands were being pushed through the factory where these were built (I asked because I noticed SEVERAL similarities between the Agiles and my Schecter C-1) but he did state that it was used for Peaveys imports as well as ESP / LTD's and....bad memory here....I think maybe....oh fuck it - I can't remember and it was the biggest of the bunch. Point being some other good stuff rolling out those doors - just at much higher prices.

---sorry if I sound like I'm the poster boy for these guys [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just get all giddy when something turns out way better than I expected [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Agile 12 String 2500 LP Copy - Believe the Hype !!

Something leads me to believe the Kramers are made in the same factory as well, because the acoustic my wife just bought has the exact same inlays as the Kramer doubleneck I had (the pearloid block with the abalone pyramid in the middle) and I don't mean just a likeness of the inlays...I mean THE exact same inlays! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried two different LP copies of theirs, and was very disapointed. Returned them. They seem to work out for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon:
        I tried two different LP copies of theirs, and was very disapointed. Returned them. They seem to work out for some people.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Weird, because I justified this purchase to my wife by saying that if the quality matched the price then I was gonna return them [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] -- my wife kinda gives me shit when I buy a cheap guitar because of the sermons I would give her on "you get what you pay for" when shelling out $1300-$1500 on many a King V [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, and for anyone else reading that has had their interest piqued - Kurt said the the order has been filled for the Agile 3000 Prestige (LP copy, fully bound, mahogany / maple / ebony board, premium hardware, etc). All they have are leftys now but the RH models are coming in late spring / early summer. Looks like a hell of a price on those, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
            Something leads me to believe the Kramers are made in the same factory as well, because the acoustic my wife just bought has the exact same inlays as the Kramer doubleneck I had (the pearloid block with the abalone pyramid in the middle) and I don't mean just a likeness of the inlays...I mean THE exact same inlays! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, Kramer... if it's current production then he wouldn't be allowed to say, but I think it's a definite possiblilty.
            For some reason I want to say it may have been the Korean set-neck fenders the were being made there last year.

Comment

Working...
            X