my Warmoth project update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my Warmoth project update

The parts came today, I took some quick pictures and am really pleased at how nice this wood is. Very light for mahogany too. I have to pick up a few more things for it, then put it all together. It's mahogany with a spalted maple top, black binding and a birdseye/birdseye maple neck in 24.75 Gibson scale with a contoured heal. It's getting black Sperzels and hardware and EMG 85/60. I was hot for a Charvel when I dreamed this one up, but I hate trems and wanted a hardtail.

Re: my Warmoth project update

Was that body in the "Showcase"? That's a wild looking spalted top. Is that a brass nut?
    Will you be doing the assembly?

Currently working on my own strat parts guitar project. Using a MightyMite body with a Warmoth Strathead neck. Right now, drilling the holes for the trem and neck. Hopefully the frets will not need any further dressing/milling/crowning, etc.

Good luck on your Strat. It's quite the experience!

Comment

very nice spalted!
      How much did you pay for it and how long did it take to be done?
      [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, the spalted top matches very well w/ the cheetah/leopard print rug. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

kevin
        the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

The body was $570 and I ordered it to my specs. It's a flat top mahogany back with spalted maple top,black body binding on the top edge , string-thru rear routed, and neck pocket contour, finished in clear coat only. Spalt is the most premium wood they have, even more expensive that Koa. I had to pay that upcharge as well as a few $$ more to have the best looking piece hand selected rather than grabbing whatever was on the top of the stack in the pile. I was very specific about what I wanted and they hit it dead-on. And the thing is very light too.

The neck was $248 and is Gibson 24.75 scale, Warmoth modern construction with a standard thin profile and compound radious, and medium jumbo frets (no fret markers - black side markers only). It's birdseye maple on birdseye maple with an installed Fender graphite nut and a clear coat finish. It's drilled for Sperzels.

I ordered it on Jan 28th and arrived today, so it took just about 6 weeks, which really sucks for GAS. That's the only downside to Warmoth is you can't kill GAS with it since everything takes them 6 weeks or so to complete.

The rug is Mrs. Carrot's doing, it's a throw rug on the pergo wood floor in the living room.

[ March 19, 2004, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: TattooedCarrot ]

Comment

Working...
          X