Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a good inexpensice acoustic guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a good inexpensice acoustic guitar?

I'm looking for a good yet inexpensive acoustic/electric guitar? My limit is about $500, give or take a few bux? Looking for a thin body with a cutaway and piezo.

Let me know!!!

Thanx,
    Peter

Re: Can anyone recommend a good inexpensice acoustic guitar?

The new Martin X series are really nice but the ones w/ piezo are about $100-200 over your price range.

Comment

There are several Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electrics in that price range. They seem to have most of the specs you specified. There may even be enough left over to get a case.

Steve

Comment

try one of the Rondo music acoustics, they sell a mahogany back and sides, solid spruce top, pearl and abalone inlays, abalone inalyed rosette, grover tuners, 12 string dreadnough guitar for 250$, the addy is www.rondomusic.com i can't wait to get myself one of those, they also have some ovation copies

Comment

I have a Dean Exotica that I am thinking about unloading if you are interested.
          Black with MOP everywhere they could possible put it, Shadow Electronics w/ 3 band EQ and single cutaway. I have a mint condition TKL Tweed case that I bought when I got the guitar.

Let me know if you may be interested and I'll get ya a pic.

Comment

Check out the Alvarez Artist Series guitars. I just played one last week (AD60ck) and it was awesome. Selling price was $400. I'm getting one ASAP.They also have some less expensive ones that were quite nice as well. For $500 bucks you can get a really nice guitar from almost any of the major manufacturers. Taylor is supposed to have some real nice guitars in a lower-end line, but Taylor doesn't let anyone advertise their prices on the net, so you would have to actually go check one out.

Comment

i like washburns myself.
              they have solid tops, good constructions and the tone is good for a budget guitar.

Comment

I'm kind of partial to Seagull, in the cheap acoustic category - I think they sound nice, and are pretty well made. In fact, all of the LaSiDo/Godin stuff is pretty well made, especially for the price.
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'd have to second the Seagull -- wife picked me up one for xmas 2 yrs. ago and i just love this thing.

D>

Comment

More props for the Seagull. I have an S6+ Cedar. Sounds awesome. I don't know as you're going to find a better guitar for the price. Plus, made in Canada is much better than made in Korea, in my opinion.

Comment

Alvarez makes some really fine inexpensive guitars with decent sound and amazing playability.

Comment

Working...
                      X