Fernandes Dinky type guitar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes Dinky type guitar question

A local pawn shop has an older Fernandes that seems like a pretty good deal. It's white pearl finish, bound neck and headstock, with sharkfin inlays. It's a bolt on, but has a painted neck. Does anyone know what this is, how much it's worth, and if it's any good?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Fernandes Dinky type guitar question

Depends on a few factors as to what is and isn't a decent price which is relevant to all guitars you are looking at. It's worth what you want to pay. I assume it has a floyd knockoff, maybe even a real floyd.
    The main deal with older Fernandes is if it was a MIJ model. These are basically MIJ ESP's and similar in quality.
    I can't recall Fernandes making a specific model knockoff of a Charvel or Jackson offhand. Depending on the condition, I'd say start at around 125.00-150.00. Bound neck is a plus, it's probably worth more but we're talking pawn shop cash n carry. If you make an offer, make sure you have the full amount in hand lest the price changes when you come back.
    Does it have a case?
    They're worth about as much as what the real deal is getting as in some cases as you can pickup an mij Charvel Model series for 100.00 on occasion.
    Fernandes are getting more notice on mij stratheads since the copyright clampdown on stratheads has brought older mij value to a new level.

Comment

CG is right. I recently picked up a MIJ Fernandes Strathead loaded with EMG's and it really plays well! I picked it up locally for $200 and I'm loving it. Now if only it had a Floyd instead of the V-trem I keep srcaping my hand on.... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, a Fernandes thread. Here is a link to mine. If you guys ever see one of these for sale, you should grab it.
        Fernandes APG-100

Comment

Working...
        X