Ordered my first GMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered my first GMP

I just placed an order for my first GMP.. Man am I psyched!! I'll be getting an Xplorer:

Silver Metal Flake flames over Burgandy metal flake base color! (matching headstock)

Maple set neck with Mahagony body and maple top
    Playing area of Neck will be oiled instead of painted
    "slim taper neck" option
    Ebony board with Diamond Inlays
    3/4" nut
    Recessed Dunlop Strap Locks & Recessed Fender Style input jack on wing
    Tonepro Tunamatic & String thru body (Tonepro rule when it comes to tunematic bridges)
    Duncan 59' in neck, SH5 in bridge

They said build time will be around 60 days. A certain dealer on the West coast gave me an unbeleivable price on this custom order because as he said "This is our first order and we want to sell these things".

I know some of you don't like the headstock, but I think it is pretty cool when it is painted to match the body. Then again, the only company I think who really did an Xplorer headstock right was Dean anyway. I never liked the Gibson banana stock.
    -Rich

Re: Ordered my first GMP

excellent Rich, I have a GMP V and its an awesome guitar...in the future I will be picking up an Explorer....very very very well built guitars and they play awesome..you won't regret it.
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

trace, what's the neck profile like? yogadork was cool enough to send me his burltop pawnshop (i think that's what it was called), and it had a thin and wide feel to it.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

sully...yeah its wide and thin...a lot like the Jackson speed profile...
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sounds cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I've never played a GMP, but I've always liked the looks of them.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

GMPs rock hard! Extremely well built and great playing and sounding guitars.
            Congrats!

Comment

Rich, where did you place your order?
              I really don't have any idea how they will play.
              Have you played one before?

Congrats! I can't wait to see it

Comment

Working...
              X