Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend just made THE killer deal! (Kramer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend just made THE killer deal! (Kramer)

A couple of years ago my bandmate bought a Kramer Stagemaster Archtop in mint condition for 4000 swedish crowns (in todays exchange-rate about $550, but back then about $400), which in itself was a pretty sweet deal. But today he sold it for a whopping 26000 swedish crowns! That´s $3611! I repeat: $3611! He has just now placed an order for a brand-new Soloist, and he´ll order another one as soon as he figures out which graphic he wants. When he called me up this morning I thought he was making some kind of strange and cruel joke, but it´s all true.

Re: My friend just made THE killer deal! (Kramer)

That is very cool!! 2 Soloists in one year is way cool, congrats to him [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

He wasn´t planning on selling it...but as you can see someone made him an offer he couldn´t refuse [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The buyer must´ve been pretty desperate for a Stagemaster!

It feels even more insane if you consider that the trade turned out to be a ´89 Stagemaster against two brand-new Soloists.

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] That's gotta be the Sale of the Century [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
        $3600 for an Archtop ESP Kramer!?! Man, I feel sorry for the buyer - almost [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More money than brains I guess, but it worked out great for your friend [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i wish i had more money that brains because then id be onc rich ass motherfucker

Comment

The bidding on the Kramer was up to about $2000 (which in itself is way more than it should´ve fetched even in Sweden), and then that guy apparently lost his mind and offered $3600. Unbelievable.

But you gotta keep in mind that the money he got looks alot more insane converted to dollars, since the dollar has dropped over 25% compared to the swedish crown in the last year or so. Had he gotten the exact same amount in swedish currency two years ago, it would "only" have been $2300.

But however you slice it, he made one HELL of a deal!

Comment

If I had more money than brains I'd still be broke...

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
                i wish i had more money that brains because then id be onc rich ass motherfucker
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i figured you already had more money than brains considering your earlier posts about drug dealing and "tattoo gun" building [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

great dealing on the guitars tho. i need to run into a few buyers like that.

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You do bro, you do...

Comment

Good to see you back Chuck!

Comment

Working...
                    X