OLP John Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLP John Petrucci

I hope to get one of these in the near future..

Does anybody tried OLP guitars?

Re: OLP John Petrucci

I owned an OLP MM4 that I got with a Guitar Port pack. It was absolutely nothing like a real Music Man Silhouette (different wood and pickups, completely different neck shape, etc.) but it was an impressive guitar for the money. They are cheap, Chinese guitars though, so you can't expect much from them, and the Petrucci will be a lot more expensive than the current OLP crop... That extra money won't be spent on better pickups or hardware or more hand finishing for the Petrucci OLP, it'll just be used to line John's pockets, so I don't know if the Petrucci will be such a good deal...

Comment

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for the great info. I really appreciate it.
      This is what i like on this Forum. Everyone are willing to help each other.

-Megamel

Comment

The Music Man has some of the best sounding pickups available. That's why I wouldn't buy anything but the real deal.

Rich

Comment

The neck on the real Petrucci is amazing , i played on for the first time yesterday.And i love it .Music123 is selling the OLP's for $349.99 with free shipping ,but like it was said above i dont think they would be any better the all the other olp stuff.Unless you a beginner and absolutly need a guitar like John Petrucci

Comment

sorry double post

Comment

So what your saying is that the OLP's similarities to the EBMM is only in the looks then. That sucks, I really wanted to get one of their Silhouette models. BUt if it's not the sane neck shape and maybe not even the same neck joint I might have to not bother with it.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
              X