And yet another for the turd gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And yet another for the turd gallery

I especially love how he has jammed a single coil pickup into a humbucker ring. No question, the guy that built that guitar was a fucking mongoloid.

Disclaimer - Anyone who actually is a mongoloid, please don't take offense to this.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
      I especially love how he has jammed a single coil pickup into a humbucker ring. No question, the guy that built that guitar was a fucking mongoloid.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looks can be deceiving. He's regarded as one of the best luthiers on the planet. http://www.guitargal.com/Lowden.html

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
        Dude, that looks like Pac-Man on Crack!!! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wacka wacka wacka!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Damn, I knew I should have waited to buy my KV2. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What bugs me most about this particular turd, is that George Lowden runs with the big names in Acoustic guitars! (ie, Taylor, Martin, Larivee)
            For him to have built this piece 'o crrrrrrap just totally befuddles me! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] what a crock o shit! man that's bad [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

All I have to say about that, is that if this guy is supposed to be some great luthier, then either the guy selling this guitar is lying about who made it, or maybe George Lowden is actually a really crappy luthier after all.

Luthiery is more than good construction, there has to be an esthetic quality to a well made guitar, otherwise it's still just a turd.

Comment

That thing would look nice in my fireplace.

Comment

All I have to say about that, is that if this guy is supposed to be some great luthier, then either the guy selling this guitar is lying about who made it, or maybe George Lowden is actually a really crappy luthier after all.

Luthiery is more than good construction, there has to be an esthetic quality to a well made guitar, otherwise it's still just a turd.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You really need to play one of his guitars, man. You'd never even imagine calling him a "crappy luthier" after that. I've played some hideous guitars that were amazing when it comes to sound, build, and playability.

Comment

Looks like a Mr. Hankey Flying V.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You really need to play one of his guitars, man. You'd never even imagine calling him a "crappy luthier" after that. I've played some hideous guitars that were amazing when it comes to sound, build, and playability. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I stand by my statement. His guitars may play themselves, but an ugly ass guitar will always be just that, an ugly ass guitar. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I stand by my statement. His guitars may play themselves, but an ugly ass guitar will always be just that, an ugly ass guitar. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, I'm not contesting the ugly part, because it certainly is ugly. I'm contesting the idea that just because it is ugly, it must be crappy. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

any chance that somebody screwed a Lowden neck onto a home-made body? That headstock looks like it belongs on an acoustic

Those acoustics in that Lowden link looked sweet, but this V looks like an unmitigated turd! I kind of doubt that Lowden had anything to do with that abortion
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

no matter how much you polish a turd it's still shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X