Saw an Epiphone Strat, no model # kinda pointy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw an Epiphone Strat, no model # kinda pointy

I was wondering if you guys have seen one of these. It's an Epiphone, set neck, sculpted heel strat shape. In HSS config. EMG selects, with a Kahler fulcrum trem, not a flush mount. It's all pearl with a Pointy headstock and Epiphone written in 'charvel' style loopy cursive. All black HW and cream or white binding and two knob config (one push-pull) and two switches (I don't remember the PU selector). Any idea what it was? Don't have pics, was in a local shop, cheap.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Saw an Epiphone Strat, no model # kinda pointy

Sounds like an S900. They were cheap guitars made in Korea in the late 80s that were targeted to beginners.........

Comment

A friend of mine has an old bolt-on Epiphone Strat he got in the '80s. Last year I cleaned it up, cranked the bridge down against the body and put a new MusicYo pickguard in it with the Kramer QuadRail pups. It rocks now!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That makes sense, sense it had what looked like a black painted fretboard and painted 'v' shape inlays. It threw me off because of the set neck and push-pull and switches that looked original. They were asking $150, which didn't seem unreasonable given some of the features, but it needed some parts (1 vol pot/knob and PU trim ring), trem had popped off its' posts)
        Thanks for the info!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
        X