ESP HORIZON FR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP HORIZON FR

Hey guys. I'm seriously considering an ESP horizon as they seem to be a good deal, but I wasnt to hear some feedback on the neck shape, build quality etc. first.
    Cheers

Heres a link http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3285.htm

Re: ESP HORIZON FR

I have an older ESP Horizon with the old ESP pointy headstock. I bought it used for $850 and then paid just as much having GMW customize it for me. I wouldn't plunk that kind of money into a guitar that I didn't absolutely love. It's one of my forever-keeper guitars.

The neck on mine is thin and fast. It's a very solid guitar, definitely well made. It's really held up to everything I always dreamed these guitars would be, from back when I was too young to afford one hehehe.

Can't really comment personally on the newer ones. But I've heard so many good things about the quality of their newer high-line LTDs, I doubt the actual ESPs have suffered too much quality-wise.

Stu

[ February 21, 2004, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: StuTDavis ]

Comment

Thanks a lot man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I went to the ESP site and the Guitars and basses link is down [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Anyway, who has these for sale in hte USA, I would like to check them out? Jack.

Comment

I have a ESP Stephen Carpenter which is basically a Horizon with some dude's name on it and and a string thru bridge. The build quality of it is superb, everything feels so solid and the neck plays very nicely. The ebony fretboard with no inlays feels great. My only complaint is that it has a humbucker in the middle position which I never use. If I could afford a custom guitar right now it'd be a Horizon basically the same as the SRC, but with a reverse headstock and only 1 pickup.

Like this, only Horizon body shape with archtop.

Comment

Jack, Im an Aussie so I don't know whowould have them for sale in the states, but that link I posted ships to the states and seems to have pretty nice prices [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks man!! I will check them out [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Shit! I didn't realize they weren't available in the States! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Seems kinda stupid coz I reckon they would be big sellers. They sure are sexy [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X