BC Rich Ignitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Ignitors

Any info on these? i had seen several pics and thought to myself "wow that is ubercool" and i finally pinpointed what model it was. I don't see many of them so whats the deal?

Re: BC Rich Ignitors

Originally posted by metalcriminal:
    Any info on these? i had seen several pics
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about posting one?

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by metalcriminal:
      Any info on these? i had seen several pics
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about posting one?

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about you search the internet, Ron! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] You seem to post so many other pics from other sites, you can't find a B.C. Rich? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know much about them either, but I think they're pretty cool, too. They may only do them in the Custom Shop like Jamie said, but I've never been that familiar with B.C. Rich. Ken (WarriorX7) may be able to help, as he worked for Class Axe at one time.
        I know Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth used to use them. I'd love to own one of those one day. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

They were intended as Chuck Schuldiner's "sig model" AFAIK. At least they gave one or two to him around the time of the Symbolic tour, which he did play on that tour, but eventually went back to his Stealths.
          I've also seen pics of one of the guys in Testament using one, can't remember if it was Eric or Steve though.

Comment

The ignitors are pretty rare. Theres actually one on e-bay right now though. I know Jon Schaffer from Iced earth used them as well. Ronz's site www.bc-rich.com should have pics of them. www.guitarasylum.com might have pics as well. Im pretty sure www.Edromanguitars.com has some too.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              How about you search the internet, Ron! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] You seem to post so many other pics from other sites,
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. It was late & I was tired
              2. I do that so much I wanted some other goofball to find it for once. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Guess my plan worked! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                How about you search the internet, Ron! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] You seem to post so many other pics from other sites,
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. It was late & I was tired
                2. I do that so much I wanted some other goofball to find it for once. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Guess my plan worked! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very good plan indeed! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks toejam. thats the one right there. how come there so hard to find?

Comment

they are rare, i believe they were POST Class Axe, USA only. i know its in my 95' catalog 1st year the Ricos where back. but i dont know much about the ClassAxe era. i have never seen one in person & have not seen one on ebay or anywhere so i wonder if they even made them as a production guitar or if was just custom built to order only.

Comment

There is a white custom shop one on eBay right now.
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      We must increase the bust!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!
                      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

It was Steve Smyth from Testament. I actually played one of his Ignitors when he was in Vicious Rumors, and we did a few shows with them - he had one of the prototypes, if I remember correctly.

It balanced better than you'd expect, and was actually good to play, too - I remember being very surprised, as I've played a lot of crappy ClassAxe Rich's.

Mike
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Didn't Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) use one of these briefly too?

I have a pic of him with what looks like an Ignitor, but hard to tell. I know he uses mainly Warlocks and ST's...but I could swear this guitar was an Ignitor [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X