Ed Roman guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Roman guitar

What's everyone's opinion about it? Top-notch quality? Or is there a better custom guitar shop?

Re: Ed Roman guitar

in a nutshell, stay the hell away. if you want to overpay for something, get a new esp. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

dont do it whether or not he makes nice stuff.

Comment

Avoid at all costs. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Never touched one of his guitars and never will - he's too big an ass for me to even consider doing business with him.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I believe people have actually spent their time making websites dedicated to spreading the word about this guys "business practices". ***too lazy to look, though***

I've heard enough that I would NEVER EVER buy even a pick from him.

Comment

His guitars are most likely top notch. However, he has made it impossible to trust him, or do business with him due to his past behaviour. Maybe one day he will wise up........And maybe one day monkeys will fly out of my butt..........

Comment

he builds fakes beware, if you want something thats not fake, its an import, and overpriced, u might as well go to ur nearest dealer

Comment

I kicked his ass last year. B:tch-slapped him, too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh Boy! Another Ed Roman 20-page dedication!

Comment

Is Ed Roman capable of building a good guitar? He surely must be able to, but will he build it for YOU? From all written accounts, the guy talks a good game, but I've seen an equal number of good and bad reviews, and even the people who were happy with their guitars hated dealing with the guy. People who had problems with their guitars went through a nightmare to get those problems resolved.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like he's a dick... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] well he really has some big talk on his site, like he only sells the best guitars in the world and that "even if I charge you 100 bucks for a pickguard, it's really worth it considering the quality" thing. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Read his site sit back and think about all the bullshit a used car salesman says. See the connection.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Well I'm never a clever buyer so I tend to believe almost everything a salesman says... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thank god there's this board to acquire some real infos.

Comment

I'll never defend ER, but I'm probably one of the few people here who have actually played something that he built. (as of August, last year) A buddy of mine was over from Japan, and he had one of these ER guitars called a "Bolero." It's like Steinberger rip off, and has some type of composite neck on it. I had to be totally honest with him, but this guitar played badass, and the neck kinda felt like some of my Charvel "Model" series necks. I was very impressed. Had a killer quilted maple top on it. However, he paid a sh*tload of money for it, and was not able to re-coup it when he sold the guitar. To be honest, if he had offered to sell it to me pretty cheap, I would have purchased it and never told anyone who made it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              Dana <~~~
                              '85 Rhoads Custom
                              '86 SD Str*t
                              '86 Model 4 (5)
                              '87 Model 1
                              '87 Model 6
                              '88 Model 3DR
                              '90 650 XL
                              '94 KE-3
                              '97 DR Amberburst
                              '97 Dinky BOFlames
                              '05 SD Copperhead