Fender Usa made questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Usa made questions

ok so at my local guitar shop they have this sweet ass fender usa made strat.

black body, black pickguard. 2 hums and it has that buttom to make them single coils and stuff.

i check the fretboard, and i look where the dots are on top and i see that on the frets that you can see like glue left over, not a lot, but i'm not sure if thats the way it is, or is it just half assed?

anyways there selling it for 913 bucks. i don't know if i can justfy spending it, but i can see it as a investment [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Fender Usa made questions

Perhaps they are mother of pearl (or abalone) dot inlays? Those have swirly, shiny whitish patterns. I know they put one of those on USA Fat Strat Deluxe models. Find out which specific model it is and then check out the Fender site for inlays.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd:
      Perhaps they are mother of pearl (or abalone) dot inlays? Those have swirly, shiny whitish patterns. I know they put one of those on USA Fat Strat Deluxe models. Find out which specific model it is and then check out the Fender site for inlays.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'll check it out whats its named
      it doesn't look right. its like taking crazy glue dabbing some on wood where the frets are and leaving the leftovers on.

Comment

heres a pic of a fretboard cuz i suck at explaining
        you see the top frets? like right on top of each one you can see glue left over on that strat.

Comment

It sounds like the glue was not completely cleaned off. No big deal. Steel wool cleans it up nicely. I just had the worst case of sloppy inlay workmanship I have ever seen on a USA guitar. It is a 1988 Soloist Custom that appears to have had the filler around the inlays never touched after applied! The little mountains of filler were there on all inlays and very annoying as you could feel them when you played. A few minutes with a razor blade and some fine sand papers and it came out nice, but man, I couldn't believe that slid past QC.

Ouch, they chipped that board up a bit on the refret.

Comment

Nasty!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good advice Jim but for those who've not done it before and might not think about it - do NOT let the steel wool filings drift down anywhere near your pickups. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And stop dissing my Soloist - I told you the inlay work was ugly. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

That picture Michael posted... THAT'S the Strat? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The thing looks neckthrough, and it has cream body binding (purfling)? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that looks like one of those Esprit Ultra models that Robben Ford used.

BTW, I had a little bit of glue on a couple frets of my USA Double Fat Hardtail I got in September 2001.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

http://www.hendrixguitars.com/Fe2222.htm

Comment

Hmmm, doesn't look so Strattish anymore! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks more like the old Ibanez Artist series or the Ibanez AX series or something.

Comment

Yeah either an old Artist Elite or a Yamaha SBG2000. Either way it looks sweet.
                        The glue can probably be buffed off with a scotch bright pad or some real fine wet dry sand paper, or even a good rubdown of rubbing compound.
                        But be carefull with the compound and the finger board. Those new series Strats are called the S1 series. It's a cool idea but the switch just seems like it wont last too long. Although most probably wont be hitting the switch constantly so it may be ok. The one in question would be the S1 double fat strat.
                        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                          Hmmm, doesn't look so Strattish anymore! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Looks more like the old Ibanez Artist series or the Ibanez AX series or something.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">erm i used that pic of a fret board to show what im talking about on the strat. thats a les paul fret board [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

sorry for the confusion

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">erm i used that pic of a fret board to show what im talking about on the strat. thats a les paul fret board [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

sorry for the confusion
                            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That can't be a Les Paul. Les Pauls are single cutaways. The guitar in that pic clearly has two cutaways... not to mention it looks like it has abalone inlays, and Les Pauls would have MOP inlays.

Comment

oh .. well its whatever, its just a example [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X