raven guitar quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raven guitar quality?

has anyone played or know anything about the raven guitar line? i see these on ebay alot for real cheap prices and i gotta say they look good but dont know how they play or anything about quality issues.any comments or veiws would be a big help.
    http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/index.html

Re: raven guitar quality?

I once had a Raven in the 80s. It was easily one of the shittiest guitars I have ever owned in my life.............But I was 12............

Comment

thanks, what made it shitty, neck warped? action high? outta tune all the time?

Comment

Hmmm, let me see.......Pickups shorted out, all the metal parts rusted, the fretboard pulled apart from the neck, the strap pins pulled out of the body, it wouldnt stay in tune.....I think thats about it..........Other than that I'm sure it was a fine guitar. Actually alot of those budget guitars made in Korea, China, etc. will hold together for a few years, its when they get old that you have to worry.............

Comment

I bought one from ravenwest a year and a half ago or so, I liked the quilt tops and vine inlays. I just checked out their site and didn't see the model I got, and it looks like their prices went up.

They are ok guitars for the money. The only two complaints I had was that the guitar really needed a setup when I got it, and some of the gold plating on the tuners was really thin, almost pre-worn looking. They are typical Korean built guitars, so if you are used to them in other brands the Ravens aren't that different.

They have a nice enough quilt, and the inlays are nice. If anyone wants to try one I'd probably let this one go, ~300 w/ case.

Comment

thanks for the replys,for the money i think i am gonna be better off finding a 650 in lefty config and converting it to a model 6. i really dont want to put $$ into something that is not gonna last a long time.

Comment

I saw one at a pawn shop a couple of years ago, and tried it. IF you treat it as an entry-level guitar, then it's quite decent. If you expect a bit more, then you'd end up viewing it as a piece of crap.

Comment

Working...
              X