Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest wolf...

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: My latest wolf...

Very nice Pete! I completely agree - this is the first thing Peavey has done right since the Vandenberg.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Very nice Pete -
      I've been thinking about picking one up, but can't afford the US models. What do you think of the imports as far as neck feel goes? I know they're not arch tops, have floyd knock-offs and the headstock isn't angled back, but what else? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My latest wolf...

If you guys haven't checked one out, you really should... these things are so comfortable to play and they sound great w/stock pickups. I avoided them for years because of the peavey stigma, but they are amazing guitars... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Blue Hardtail...NICE! I love my Tobacco burst Hardtail. The pickups took some getting used to, but a real rockin' guitar for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod:
            Very nice Pete -
            I've been thinking about picking one up, but can't afford the US models. What do you think of the imports as far as neck feel goes? I know they're not arch tops, have floyd knock-offs and the headstock isn't angled back, but what else? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the imports are really nice guitars, especially for the money. However, for what they go for new ($599-$629 at most music stores discounted) you can buy a USA Special used or within a few hundred bucks of a standard archtop.

The wood on the neck isn't as nice (the standard-archtops have birdseye necks) the tuners are cheaper (standards have pearl buttons, USA specials and imports have chrome buttons) the neck joint on the standards is different than the usa or import specials. I think the pickups are the same.

If you're serious about the imports, I know where one is for $375 in really nice shape, in blue quilt. Email me at [email protected] and I'll let you know where it is. I hate posting stuff like that on boards, because then someone else might snag it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete -
              I'll email you after I get home tonight. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X