Yikes! I bought another guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes! I bought another guitar

Well, I stopped in another shop yesterday just to grab some boxes to ship some guitars I'm selling. There was a sweet Fender Custom Shop Telecaster there. The tag was $3950. Yikes! I'm pretty sure that was the MSRP price but it's still yikes!

It was beautiful. Double bound metallic red with rosewood board. So the guitar guy says to me "we're blowin' that one out way below cost, plug it in". I'm thinking I need this like I need another hole in my head. So naturally I plugged it in [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This thing sounded great. It is way better than any of my other Teles. So he goes back and punches numbers in and talks to the manager and he comes back and tells me they'll let it go for $1200. Then he said if I didn't need the case he'd do it for $1100. I don't need another case so I pulled out $100 cash and said "will this hold it for a month?" Looks like I'll be getting some stuff together to sell this weekend!

This has been a good couple of days for guitar buying. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Yikes! I bought another guitar

sounds sweet! there's some kind of Tele-frenzy going on around here lately [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

No frenzy here - I've got 5 Teles right now - 3 are for sale though.

- Newc

Comment

Well, thanks to Ebay I was able to go pick up the Tele today. Very cool guitar.

- Newc

Comment

Very nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I love telecasters!! Nice score bro.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X