No announcement yet.

G.A.S. hit last night - got a Gretsch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G.A.S. hit last night - got a Gretsch!

Great pickup Tim! You've unknowingly served as an inspiration to me: I too know maybe one rockabilly song and thus could never justify buying one of these even though I've wanted one for a while now. But after your fine example, I'll feel better about the purchase when the right one pops up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

thank you hippy

Comment

Well, I took the Setzer to play a party last night. I took along my Fender Blues Jr. amp and my pedal board - Bad Horsie II Wah, Fulltone Dejavibe 2, Tonebone Radial Classic, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, Ibanez TS9DX (modded by AnalogMan), Digitech Digidelay.

It worked out great. We played all kinds of random ass stuff - jazz, R&B, blues, rock (sadly no heavy stuff). The Setzer really worked well for all of that stuff. I broke out the slide and that was particularly fun with the Gretsch. The tone from that rig was awesome. This guitar covers a lot of ground - jangly stuff, Gibson hollow body teritory, Tele/Stratish twang/sparkle.

And yes as my final song of the night, I played Stray Cat Strut with just the keyboard player and some guest "singers". BTW, the keyboard player was fucking unbelievably good - I mean *that* good.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
        X