Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Paul Custom - Finally! (long)

Congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I'm a Jimmy Page fan myself, so you can imagine my glee when I found a 2-year old LP Standard for $1025 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Trans Red with Gold hardware - yeah yeah, not exactly Page's 59 Burst, but hey [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I'm determined to get either a White or Black LPC - I had a chance to get a Wine Red one but snoozed like a dope (damn this Jackson brand-loyalty [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
    But Black or White seem perfect for the Custom - every other color is just "ehhh".

And the Studio is an insult, IMO. No binding? Dot inlays? For a Junior or a Special, maybe, but nothing else. The Studio models look like half-assed Standard wanna-bees [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice score, metalcop.

The LPC looks great.

You can't go wrong with a mahogany neck/body, carved maple top guitar.

I agree, an LP type guitar is a must for any collection.
      I myself have a Diodati 59Q and a Fernandes Ravelle. While they may not be Gibsons, Thier
      lineage is definitely based on the LP.

My guitars.
      http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bDocuments-Diodati%2b59Q %26.src=ph%26.view=t&.view=t

Kent
      4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Nice geeter ya got there! I have a TP6 on one of my Gibby Explorers. They are awesome. I also put a set of grover locking tuners on it that look exactly like the originals and it stays in tune all the time. Nice score!

Comment

Last time I checked all the Les Paul Studios I've ever seen had block inlays...

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            And the Studio is an insult, IMO. No binding? Dot inlays? For a Junior or a Special, maybe, but nothing else. The Studio models look like half-assed Standard wanna-bees [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">depends on the year the studio was made. The early ones had the standard inlays, ebony board and I even believe there were flametops and bindings included. I used to have one of the second series (rosewood fretboard and no binding, solid black, gold hardware, but also the trapezoid inlays)

and I can tell you, it sounded great, OK, no standard, but none the less: les paul sound

harrald

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">depends on the year the studio was made. The early ones had the standard inlays, ebony board and I even believe there were flametops and bindings included. I used to have one of the second series (rosewood fretboard and no binding, solid black, gold hardware, but also the trapezoid inlays)
              harrald
              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had an '84 Studio.
              Rosewood fret board
              Dot inlays
              If I remember correctly the body and neck woods werent the normal LP woods either back then. I just can't remember what the difference was any more. Maple neck? Alder body or carved top? I don't remember.

I think the ebony boards , correct body and neck woods, trap inlays didnt come along till the late 80's early 90's. The Studio models have gone through a lot of changes over the years. Seems to be the one Gibson likes to mess with the most. Small traps, large traps, dots, thinner body, thicker body, Ebony board, rosewood board,different woods,etc, etc..
              They never seem to keep the design consistant.
              4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Very sweet LP Metalcop...congratulations. I love them too. I always wanted a 3 pickup black beauty but for the price of them theres just too many other ones that I'd rather have
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X