Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please: Value range for '69 SG & '70 Les Paul Professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please: Value range for '69 SG & '70 Les Paul Professional?

I haven't seen them yet so I can't speak to their condition & originality but can anyone give me a ballpark idea of the price range as the condition varies from average to mint? Thanks!
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Help please: Value range for \'69 SG & \'70 Les Paul Professional?

My blue book puts the LP Pro at $900 in mint condition. The SG Pro at $475 near mint 98%.(no listing for mint) They both go down hill pretty quick as condition gets worse. The LP Pro bottoms out at $375 in 60% condition and the SG Pro at$225 in 60% condition.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks!
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Les Paul Professional go for a $ 1000 or under. Remember all were walnut if this isn't it's been refinish. All needed a special cord with a transformer to the amp or the electronic have been messed with.

Comment

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Les Paul Recording model that came just after this one (and featured the same funky electronics setup)? That later one had only an XLR output, this one's got a standard 1/4" out.

Comment

Yes the low impediance electronic needed a special cord. The LXR on the recording was so you could go direct when recording it also had a 1/4 input. this is also one of heavier guitars ever made 10+ pounds.

Comment

XLR

Comment

Thanks much for the info! This one's local and they guy seems to really want to move it as part of a bigger deal we're working on. Maybe that's why. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X