Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kramer Baretta/Focus/Mutt Restoration Completed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Baretta/Focus/Mutt Restoration Completed...

I've finally finished my Kramer mutt, based around a Japanese Focus body. Body is almost identical to Baretta and made of alder... I figured as long as it isn't plywood, it would do.

Almost every peice of hardware on her is brand new (I rebuilt the entire Floyd except for the plate, saddles & block for a little over $20). Decided to try the LSR rollernut along with Gotoh locking tuners over a Floyd nut. Remember, this is a mutt in every sense of the word and I wanted to experiment. Sort of like if I was at Kramer today, what would I come up with?

Important thing is she sounds great and stays in excellent tune with LSR/GOTOH combo. Neck is fast & action is low. This was my first setup from complete scratch so it ended up being a learning experience. Finally, she ended up being quite a looker in the Yin Yang color scheme. Hope you Kramer fans enjoy as there has been a decent amount of Kramer experimentation on this board...

Rich

Re: Kramer Baretta/Focus/Mutt Restoration Completed...

That looks REALLY nice Rich. Well done [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Very sharp looking axe Rich!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] You did a wonderful job with that one. I usually don't like that Kramer body style but it looks very nice in black with the maple board and black strat headstock.

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That was my first time painting a headstock.. I used black nitro, logo'd with waterslide, then about 24 coats of clear coat that I sanded down to about 12 (lol). I followed reranch's directions to a tee and it came out perfect... completely professional.

rich

Comment

Hey bro that is a really nice guitar and well put together I would be envy of that one for sure. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X