Empire (GMW) Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire (GMW) Guitars

Has anyone owned or played one of Lee's Empire guitars?

Re: Empire (GMW) Guitars

I Have played one yes.. As far as eloquent guitars go, they are tops. Blow PRS, Gibson and all those boutique makers out of the water. They look gorgeous and play as good as they look. A little rich for my tastes though.

Rich

Comment

YES!!!

I played about 5 of them at NAMM last year and was blown away.

I played 2 at Neal Moser's house during NAMM this year and was still blown away.

Neal told me the following:
      GMW guitars have mostly machine made necks and bodies. The Empire stuff is totally hand carved, including the necks. Neal does the bone nut work and some of the setups on them.

The action on those guitars is unreal. SUPER low and ZERO buzz.

Comment

I played an Empire at last year's NAMM show, and have held and inspected several necks at GMW. What impressed me was how solid the guitar felt. It was heavy, but not "overweight" for a guitar. Just very solidly constructed and well engineered. It 'felt' like it was of a high quality, if you can believe that. They are flawless instruments, and easily surpassed what PRS was passing off as Private Stock (their "high-end" line). The abalone body binding and the leaf inlays are too ornate for my tastes as well, but if could order one, it would be the black one with zebras running along the fretboard and inlaid onto the body. That guitar is just so beautiful and unique to me.

Comment

The guitars on Lee's site were just too tempting, so I am waiting for this one to be delivered.

Comment

Working...
          X