X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are these LTD's?

just looking at guitars like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3701203751

Are they decent? Aside from they lame inlays I think it would fit the bill as a "string-thru" Soloist. However I have never played an LTD. IS it on par with Jackson imports, or is it more like a crappy Korean Plywood guitar with crappy frets, poor binding, and all that other jazz.

Any opinions appreciated!

Re: How are these LTD\'s?

Gemini, I haven't played that particular model, but most ESPs in that line are not bad...might need a setup when you get it, but not bad. However I fixed one kid's guitar once, that was a Horizon like that but the low-end one...for some reason the pickup just up and fell out of the guitar! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

I have an H302 (the newer version of the guitar in the auction) and have played and MH301 (same guitar with a licensed Floyd). The H302 was about $350 new. Side by side with my new WR1, which costs more than three times more, there is no comparison. The WR1 is better in every way. However, as a fairly cheap neck-through guitar the H302 is alright. Considering the price, I would rate all aspects of the guitar (frets, binding, ...) as ok/average. There is one dead spot on the high e string. The flame top is ok, but not spectacular. I have seen worse. The color, at least in my opinion, looks good. The neck is fairly thin and actually feels pretty good for my unskilled guitar playing hands. The stock Duncan Designed pickups really sucked, but the EMGs I put in sounds pretty good (surprise surprise). The MH301 felt about the same, probably because it came out of the same factory.

Basically, you get what you pay for. You will most likely get a decent guitar badly in need of a setup. In terms of that elusive mojo that some guitars have, it might not have what you are looking for. My guitar has worked well for what I bought it to be (a guitar to take with me to an extremely humid environment), but it just doesn't have anything really special about it.

I hope that helped...

Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

If you're looking for a less expensive strung through Soloist type guitar you might want to check out the Schecter C-1 line. A friend of mine just bought a C-1 Classic and is absolutely *raving* about it. Pretty nicely equipped guitar for the $$$: neck through, Tone Pros bridge (a *very* good idea IMHO), Duncan JB/Jazz pups, pretty nifty quilt tops, etc. I believe my friend paid $599 for his @ GC w/HSC but there's one on the bay right now that'll probably go for way less.

Here's a pic:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Damn, Schecter keeps putting out all this nice-looking imports that should go for WAY more than they are, given the features like REAL Duncans, beautiful maple tops, gold hardware, etc. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Maybe try your hand at a SLSMG Soloist. That's the import string-thru Soloist, even if it has the same tiny piranha inlays as that LTD. Kremit loves his SLSMG. He picked his up for $350 on Ebay and it was in practically mint condition.

Comment

I can attest for that Schecter C-1 as well...it's an awesome guitar, and the 5-way toggle switch on two hums is a really nice feature as well...so nice in fact, that I'm making sure that my next guitar is set up like that!

Comment

Working...
            X