why do they go JACKSON USA to ESP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do they go JACKSON USA to ESP?

Poor Dave, 11 Jacksons to 1 a year, that is just being so terrible to him, it must have hurt him so much [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] he switched to ESPeeeeee [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now that is the meaning of Greed [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] I would be very gratefull to get 1 Free Jackson a year, and I meen very gratefull [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Re: why do they go JACKSON USA to ESP?

yeah, and what about Tom Araya and Max Cavalera?? stopped playing BC Rich's , to play ESP's??? the paycheck must be GOOD [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I hate ESP. All they can do is copy and steal artists. The people on their board arent the smartest. THey diss BCR when in fact that new AX guitar is a bcr rip-off. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] God i hate those people.

Comment

Well, whatever else you say about ESP, the people running that BUSINESS know exactly what they're doing, which is basically dominaing the metal market right now. Maybe with FMIC's resources Jackson can battle back for market share.

The artists wouldn't play them, even for the $, if THEIR guitars sucked. We know the production models aren't near what the artists themselves play, and most of us are wise enough not to ride the ass of guitar players we like, so what's wrong with them making a paycheck? Despite what most of you say, if someone offered you $50 grand a year and free guitars to play ESP, you'd be on the gravy train in a flat second. You really need to put yourself in their position. Put another way, if almost EVERYBODY is going to ESP, then all your idols are sellouts, so your entire life ethos is built on lies! Does THAT make you feel better?

Money talks, bullshit walks, as always. Not that I'm an ESP fan. I'm just not knocking someone for making a living.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I sorta agree with you Lerxtacat. I just can`t stand Dave mustaine and his overall attitude sometimes, so what he said at NAMM kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I don`t put anybody down for making a paycheck and if I was in their shoes, I don`t know what I would do [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I have to be honest also and say I have never played a Japanese or USA made ESP, on the LTDs and I din`t care for those. Jack.

Comment

Mustaine left mostly because he was pissed that he wasn't able to buy the company. The guitar allocation was another thing too. Mustaine already had a healthy stash of Y2KV's and King V's and shit, and what little bit of guitars with his name on them came my way were almost always going to someone else eventually. Contests, charities, etc.

Anyway, you ever think that maybe they just PREFER ESP's? There just isn't enough money to be made by switching to make it worthwhile. Unless you're one of Ibanez's top endorsers (Vai, Satch, Korn), you aren't going to be making significant money from guitar companies.

Comment

You have a point BM; some might actually like them, or be put off by not getting anything but a 10% discount to be "endorsed" by Jackson.

Even a small amount of money could be a reason for the lesser endoprsers to switch. If it tips the balance for you to still AFFORD to make music your career, enough so you don't have to cut your hair and go back to Jiffy Lube, that could be enough for many bands. Look at Nevermore; even Jeff and Warrel have to work as chefs when they're not working in Nevermore. Would you rather they retire
              instead of playing ESP? That's likely the choice a lot of lesser-known bands face.

Oh, Jack, Dave Mustaine's job is to be an asshole; it's his image and his personality, whether with Jackson, ESP, or Hondo! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[start sarcasm]ESP'S ARE AWESOME THEIR LOW END IMPORTS BEAT THE HIGHEST END JACKSON GUITAR[/end sarcasm]

Comment

I have to agree here, ESP is running a business after all, and they're masters at it.

And while we're on it, who here has played a ESP Custom Shop model? I will always be a loyal Jackson fan, but I've played a few, and I won't deny that they are damn nice guitars. As much as I hate to admit it, if it meant a paycheck for playing free custom shop guitars, and from the looks of it, having the whole ESP team at your service all the time, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Comment

On the flip side of things... why did Scott Ian leave his endorsment in the '80s with ESP and go to Jackson? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

why do they go JACKSON USA to ESP?

a lot of former jackson axe slingers now play ESP's?(jeff hanneman,kirk hammett,dave mustaine,etc)
                      are these ESP's guitars that good?

Comment

theres at esp custom shop at this music store.

$950 bucks. look nice but its a bolt on.. i rather go for a les paul or something.

oh ya the dude dropped it and the head stock cracked and was poorly glued back.

looks like a nice guitar. right next to it was a jackson evil clown (soloist?) they "looked the same to me"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                          On the flip side of things... why did Scott Ian leave his endorsment in the '80s with ESP and go to Jackson? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who knows? Someone at ESP pissed him off? Maybe Jackson actually paid him good money? Maybe he learned that Japan was in the Axis with Germany when they killed 6 million Jews? His sig model is the ugliest Jackson ever made anyway.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Scotty and Danny used Jackson and Charvels in the early days, maybe he swung back to them for old time's sake. I love Scott, I think his signature model looks great...I really want to try one.

Comment

No way, Lerx, his sig Jackson is awesome! I love the double cut models like that, and I'm thinking of one day ordering a Custom Shop model JJ with 24 frets and archtop! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I've got a Hamer Special that looks similar, and I've always been interested in the Les Paul Doublecuts, too, but I won't pay the ridiculous price for one. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X