Is it possible to get an Alexi Laiho ESP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get an Alexi Laiho ESP

Short of going to Japan and getting this is there anyway to order it from an ESP dealer here in the states? I asked Jason from DCGL and he said since its looks are so similar to the Rhoads, it would be difficult for any ESP distributor to sell them due to copyright laws (or something to that effect). What about the Mustaine DV8-R then...doesn't that strongly resemble a KV?

Yes, I realize that shipping and the actual guitar is going to cost an assload, but I'm curious.

Re: Is it possible to get an Alexi Laiho ESP

My guess is that it´s not available for the USA market, but is available in Japan and assorted european countries.

Comment

Re: Is it possible to get an Alexi Laiho ESP

The Japanese MSRP is around $3500, so retail is probably in the upper $2000's for one. That's obscenely expensive for a KO of a Rhoads that adds the lower cut-away found in the Ibanez KO of a Rhoads. For that much money, you can get a real USA Rhoads and an Ibanez KO of one.

If you really want to pay that:
      www.celga.com

They're an import service who buys stuff off of Yahoo Japan. Their site only advertises anime + collectibles, but they'll score anything available on Yahoo Japan, so check Yahoo Japan to see if you can find one. Be prepared to pay a commission for their services though.

Comment

Working...
      X