Peavey Wolfgang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Wolfgang

OK, so how does this compare for an import? I know it's probably not nearly as good as the US counterpart, but are these worth the money for an import? Any experiences and input would be very helpful.

Thanks

Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special EXP

Re: Peavey Wolfgang

Not as good as the specials.

The neck finish is different. I played some at L&M in Calgary and I certainly favoured the special. In fact, the special feels as every bit as good as the USA standard, minus a few trimmings like the birdseye neck and flame top.

They arent bad though. If your looking for a Wolfgang, I might be selling my special to jump on a SL2H here.

PM me if interested.

Comment

I own a Standard, red flame, and I used to own a Special exp amber. I am not really a fan of the specials, simply because I dont like the "rounded" edges of the body.

The export special I owned was awesome, and I think you would be thrilled with it. Although, I believe I have seen them for sale new for $599 including case......

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

What's the differences between the Specials and the EXP specials?

Comment

From AJ, he is PEavey's web guy

Date: Thursday, July 31, 2003 02:32 PM

The differences between the Wolfgang Standard, Special, and QT:

1. The Standard has an arched top and the Special and QT Special have flat tops.
          2. The Standard has a Birdseye maple neck and the Special and QT Special have Hardrock maple necks.
          3. The Standard has body binding and the Special does not. The Flame-top Special and QT Special have faux binding which is actually the side of the body without color to give the appearance of binding.
          4. The Standard has a tilted headstock and the Special and QT Special do not.
          5. The Standard has a tone control and the Special and QT Special do not.

The Wolfgang Special QT:

The Wolfgang Special QT is the only Wolfgang that is manufactured overseas and it is the only Special with a quilt-top. It is manufactured to the same specs as the USA Special and the only real difference is the quilt-top on the QT is a veneer and the neck has a polyurethane finish on it.

The reason the QT Specials are manufactured in Korea is as E-Merlin stated to save money on labor cost. This allows us to offer the guitar at a lower cost than otherwise would possible. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X