Music Yo/ 1984 Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Yo/ 1984 Graphics

What is the take on these, I got an e-mail today for $150.00 off the $699.00 price. Are they worth it? The web site says they are made in the USA? They come with a TKL case.

Re: Music Yo/ 1984 Graphics

Not made in the USA, made in Korea using USA parts:

Body & neck, pot, & switch are Korean made.
    Pickup, whammy system, strap locks & machine heads are USA made.

Assembled in Korea.

A bit like the Charvel Model series in that respect [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Model 3
    Model 5A
    Model 3B
    Journeyman
    Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

So that is $549 for the guitar. Are you saying that isn't worth it BECAUSE it is made in Korea? How about the actual quality of the instrument? Seems like the parts alone would be relatuvely close to that. Anyone actually play one?

Comment

i thought that the parts were made in Korea,and that they were assembled in the USA.?

Comment

I´ve always thought that most of the hardware is of american/european origin, that the body and neck is crafted in Korea, and that the whole thing is assembled in the USA. I´m by no means an expert on these, so I hope someone will correct me if I´m wrong.

Comment

I bought one when the plain one's came out and like others have said it needed a major setup. Once I did that the neck, I thought, sucked. I returned it. Harsh tone from the pickup too. Nothing special IMHO.

Comment

DAVE L is correct with the Kramer construction geography, at least last time I read about it.

rich

Comment

They are assembled in Nashville, with USA hardware and a Korean body and neck.

Comment

It's more than likely manufactured overseas and assmebled here. The reason being is by shipping in the parts they don't pay the same tariffs they would on completed merchandise..The same holds true for Automakers and Motorcyle Co's ... Even my company manufactures in the USA, Ships to France and assembles and slaps a made in france sticker on it to beat tariffs ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The 1984s have Schaller tuners, Original Floyd Rose, Gibson pickup. The neck and body are indeed Korean but the whole thing is painted and assembled at the Gibson/Epiphone plant in Nashville USA.

George

Comment

No, they're painted when they arrive from Korea. They don't do urethanes in Nashville.

Comment

Working...
                      X