Info wanted about a '85 Kramer Vanguard Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info wanted about a '85 Kramer Vanguard Flying V

Does anybody have some info about this guitar? And some pics of it? What do you think about it? How much is it worth?

Re: Info wanted about a \'85 Kramer Vanguard Flying V

Chris guitars has a blue one. I thought it was nice and played great. Great pickups and a real floyd, you can't beat that! The market seems pretty soft on Kramers though so I probably wouldn't pay over 400.00 tops! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I just realized that they made 2 versions! The traditional V like a Gibson and the Randy copy! I think by 85' they were making the Randy version but my original post still stands either way!

Comment

I had a Vanguard that was the Gibson vee type. I think it was earlier than an '85, though. It was a good guitar. I had a MIJ Charvel at the same time, and the two necks were fairly similar in feel to me.

Comment

BK, you have a private message. I have 2 85 Vanguards.

Comment

1985-on, the Vanguards were the Randy Rhoads style Vees, as contrasted to the earlier (1981-1984) even-wing style. I have a 1981 strathead V in my "kollection":
            1981 Kramer Vanguard

A 1985 Kramer is completely USA-made. Later on (second half of 1986-on) Kramer used ESP parts. A 1985 Vanguard will have a banana headstock, likely Schaller humbuckers, etc. Right now a 1985 Vanguard would be worth around $400, but the market for Kramers (especially USA ones) is actually exploding over the last 12 months. Besides, you'll have a great playing guitar too.

George
            kramerforum.com

Comment

There's a great Vanguard for sale at
              1985 vanguared Classified

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but...a strathead neck on a v? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd love to have another whatever year Vanguard I had (I think it was probably an 84, though it could've been an 83, I suppose).

Comment

Working...
                  X