New Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition

Just aquired an amazing 03 RI 57 Gold Top Dark Back. It is amazing what a tone monster. She joins her sisters where she we be loved and more importantly stroked and played with.

Later BB

Re: New Addition

Nice looking family you got there! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

nice guitars!
      wish i could own at least one of those [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice! Does that one have the Brazilliam Rosewood board? I just picked up a Les Paul Standard Premium Plus and I can't put it down. It sounds amazing!

Comment

Quit showin off yer guitars. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, You have a standing offer for that Model 4..

Just let me know when you wanna sell it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah she's got the BR board not that I think it matters they are using Madagascar Rosewood that is very nice instead. I traded in a 03 Heriatge Cherry LP Premium Plus on this one that was a nice axe as well but this is even better.

Hey 2loud I am just about to do some work on the Model 4 going to take the nitro of the neck and do my satin treatment it's got a chip near the heel so why not it's only in the nitro. I picked up a 3 head rottary contour buffer that I will be using to cut the nitro then buff the body. She still plays real sweet. What are you playing these days??

Later BB

Comment

What a sweet axe!! I have loved goldtops for as long as I remember. What is the neck profile like on that one?? I looks like you have a Godin... what made you pick that up? What do you find they are comparable to in quality? Just curious on that. Nice collection, nice and varied.

Comment

The Gold Top has a Gibson early 50's neck profile very chuncky but very nice to play. Huge bell like tones out of this little lady and sustains for days. The Custom Shop Historics are much lighter than the Gibson USA LP's and have the long neck tennion, non-weight releived bodys with the CTS Pots and Bumble Bee Caps.

The Godin is a one off and thats a long story. It's an LG Custom with a "24 3/4 scale solid mahogny body with one piece neck. It has a Duncan SH2 on the Neck and a Custom Custom on the Bridge hooked to a 5way. A lot of people bought this guitar thinking that it had Seymors in it when in fact the PUP were braned as Godin and were not Duncans as they were told. This happened to me and I went to Godin and they made this one for me to match what I was sold. There was a big blow out between the Store that sold it to me and Godin over the whole thing but I ended up with what I thought I was getting. That being said I think they are an excellent value for the money. I think they now make an LG with the Duncans in a 24 3/4 scale I know they have them configured that way for the 25 1/2 scale models but I don't like them as much. You should check one out they are very supprising [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Later BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Brad:
                  Hey 2loud I am just about to do some work on the Model 4 going to take the nitro of the neck and do my satin treatment it's got a chip near the heel so why not it's only in the nitro. I picked up a 3 head rottary contour buffer that I will be using to cut the nitro then buff the body. She still plays real sweet. What are you playing these days??

Later BB
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So, I take it you're not planning on selling it to me eh?

Ah well [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Another nice Gibson in your stable. That's a purty Gold Top!

Gimmie a shout sometime, let me know whats up. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Luv the Avatar, "Mr.Ontario" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm goin hang on to the firecrackle M4 havn't seen another like it. There was a tri color crackle M4 in Steves a while back in mint shape for $275 with OHS. Don't like them as much as the firecrackle though.

Yeah this Custom Shop 57 Gold Top is somthin else cost a few $$ though but it was worth every penny. Had to trade in my 03 LP Standard Premium Plus towards it the wife is on to me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I moded out my ES-333 to an ES-335 complete with 57 Classics and buffed out the faded finish. It sounds much better with the pIckups and Vintage Caps and Pots. Have a look the pics not that great though.

Later BB

Comment

Working...
                    X