SO WHAT ABOUT GMW?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO WHAT ABOUT GMW?????

So was GMW at the namm show?If so did anyone check any of there new stuff out?I was also wondering how do the new Charvels compare to the GMW stuff?If you were going to buy one which one would you choose?

Re: SO WHAT ABOUT GMW?????

I haven't touched any of the charvies but I have a GMW Jake and it's hard to imagine the Charvels being any better quality. Even if there the same, the GMW is cheaper and available all the time! (no waiting for limited editions).

Then again, maybe having a real Charvel decal on your neck is worth the extra 3 to 5 hundred! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ManyAxes:
      Then again, maybe having a real Charvel decal on your neck is worth the extra 3 to 5 hundred! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To a lot of people, it probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy:
        GMW was not at NAMM. Neal Moser told me this was the first time in years they weren't at the show.

I did play 2 GMW Empires at Neal's house and they had the lowest action and straightest necks I have played on any guitar. Also, GMW's have machine made necks while the Empires have the hand carved necks like the Moser Custom Shop stuff.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure about this? I was told by Lee a while back that the Empire necks were CNC'd, as are the bodies and necks for their Brian May models made in conjunction with RS Guitars.

Not that it matters one way or the other to me, CNC or pin routers. Just a point of clarification.

I wish I'd gotten to Neal's house earlier so I could have seen those Empires!

Comment

GMW was not at NAMM. Neal Moser told me this was the first time in years they weren't at the show.

I did play 2 GMW Empires at Neal's house and they had the lowest action and straightest necks I have played on any guitar. Also, GMW's have machine made necks while the Empires have the hand carved necks like the Moser Custom Shop stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X