Ok what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok what do you think?

Ok what do you think about the low end Gibsons?

like the Faded SG?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517222/

or the V?
    I tried this one at SamAsh the paint job was rough. i kind of liked it.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517336/

how do the "low end" gibsons compare to the high end Epiphones?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/518350/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/518340/

Or the fender Tele?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/511255/

Ugh i hate being poor and wanting a new guitar.

Re: Ok what do you think?

ugh i hate the edit time limit.

disregard the last tele and use this one instead

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...ase_id/103163/

Comment

i personally have played the Gibson SG Faded and I loved it!! beleive it or not, I liked it better than the SG Special or the SG Standard, which are more money, but I loved the natural finish on the wron Brown color and the Ebony fingerboard was done very nice. I may get one of these soon. The faded sG in Brown looks and plays nice, I wouldn`t hesitate to get that one. Jack.

Comment

ya the sg looks nice. the brown one looks really good.

but so do all the other guitars i got listed [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

how did it sound with the stock pickups?

Comment

I only got a chance to play it through a little solid state Crate, but the 490T in the bridge is medium hot, then comes the 498T which is Hot and then the 500T which is really hot, so the 490T is an all around style pickup, I personally love the 500T [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Ah thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's so hard for me to choose.

I might over time end up getting them all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The worn finish versions of each are exactly the same guitar without the extra finish touch ups. Thinner coating and less time buffing it out results in a less expensive guitar. They are still Nitro finishes too. All the hardware and electronics are the same.
              The SG Spc is the same thing as the faded cherry one as is the faded cherry V to the heritage cherry 67 reissue V.
              The necks are the same, body dimensions are the same. Everything is the same except the finish.
              Gil

Comment

Well, I figured this would be the perfect thread to show off the SG Standard I got from Chris M.(FirebirdV). He did a great job of stripping off the finish and staining and oiling the guitar. It is one of my favorites.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm with Jack...I love the Faded SG, moreso than any of the other models. I don't think it's a bad deal for a new guitar at all, especially for a Gibson. By the way, I saw Thrice over the summer at Warped Tour.

Comment

Awesome guys.

That maybe the guitar i may get.

Thanks

ya thrice is my favorite band

Comment

oh ya.

how well do they stay in tune?

Comment

They stay in tune as well as thier more expensive high gloss counter parts.
                        Im not a fan of Kluson tuners so i would probably change them to Grovers or Gibsons.
                        But that's just me.
                        Gil

Comment

The bonus is the Faded SGs have the cool Ebony fingerboard, I love ebony boards!! The first editions had a single Moon inlay at the 12th fret, the newer model has dot on the board, looks much nicer with the dots. I am very tempted to get one in Worn Brown, very utilitarian looking and that Ebony board [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I'm considering snagging one of the Voodoo versions. SG's have never been my thing but I'd like to try one of those.

Comment

Here's one I just got in trade.

Faded SG

I think it plays real nice and you can't beat the price for a made in USA guitar. The upper fret access is much better on an SG than a Les Paul or an Explorer. I say get one. The thing about Gibson's is if you don't like it, you can almost always get most of your money back if ya sell it.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X