Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on my Warmoth Strat, kinda cool!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my Warmoth Strat, kinda cool!!!

Link to pics (for those of you to cheap for high speed) http://home.austin.rr.com/txcharvel/

So I go to, mmm...Guitar Center to find a case for my new axe. I know, I usually don't go to GC but they have a pretty good sale on cases right now...anyway...

I go through the usual security checkpoint anytime you take gear into the store and the guy tells me to go see Michael, he's the resident Warmoth guy and will hook me up with a case.

As I'm walking to the counter, this guy (Michael), yells out "THAT'S MY GUITAR". He comes out from behind the counter and asks me "where did you get this?" and starts telling the other people working with him to "come check this out".

He tells me that about a year ago he needed some cash and had it on consignment at a local shop, that was the last he had seen it. Evidently, the person who bought it must have pawned it a few months later as I made a trade for it in a pawn shop.

He said that it was his favorite guitar, best neck he had ever played. He had ordered all the parts from Warmoth, and he confirmed that the body was indeed black korina.

He also said that if I ever wanted to sell it to please let him know as he would indeed like it back.

He seemed like a very cool guy, very into 80's rock and metal, especially VH. I kinda felt bad 'cause I could tell he really wanted that guitar back...

Anyway kinda cool story, it's not everyday you get the story on used guitar.

Re: Update on my Warmoth Strat, kinda cool!!!

That is a cool axe and cool story! Now please get rid of that trussrod cover! Right now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't care what's under it, it can't be as bad as that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. The ADA still rocks and sounds better than all my other friend's ADA's! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    (I did get that from you, right!?) [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

So much beer, so little memory...... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, you got the ADA from me. That was the best sounding MP1 I've heard. I'm glad it's in good hands [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm gonna send you a picture with the trussrod cover removed. I don't think it's all that bad...I was thinking of getting a 3-ply trussrod cover, maybe with my initials engraved in gold leaf...I really think I want the focus of this axe to be the trussrod cover... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You ballbuster you!

Comment

sell it back to him [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] could always build another.. sentimental value cannot be built.

dave

Comment

You could really jack up the price on it too...if you wanted to be a real dik. I probably would. At least get enough to buy another cool guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by terrax:
              sell it back to him [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] could always build another.. sentimental value cannot be built.

dave
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. With his emplyee discount he could probably get you a great trade up on it.

Comment

I would also see if he could get you something at his cost for a trade up. I wish I could get back some of the guitars I have sold over the years.

Comment

TX, your lucky, at our GC there's not one USA Jackson to be found! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Good thing I like the older one's anyway! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've thought about that, I wonder if GC it going to carry any of the new Charvel Pointy guitars. Right now the only thing that's in a Guitar Center that I remotely want is an SL2H.

If I remember, the employee discount sounds like a good deal but it's off of the list price. It doesn't really come out much better than walking in with cash in hand.

BTW, does anyone know what the employee discount is at GC?

Comment

Working...
                    X