Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what about these les pauls?

Thanks for the info guys.

I've been looking into burny/tokai/greco/orville.

Comment

What's wrong with a Gibson Les Paul Studio? I used to have one back in the early 90's and it was pretty cool... I'm actually thinking of getting another as I played one of the new ones about a week ago and it kicked ass. The price wasn't too bad either ($1099).

Comment

1,000 is overboard for me.

im leaning towards 500-650 or so..

i can't justify spending anything over. I'm not that good to begin with, but am getting pretty good.

Comment

If you do get get a LP or LP copy invest in a R&S guitarworks LP pot upgrade kit. You get 4 cts pots 2 hovland caps plus intsructions.These kits do wonders for a new Gibson les paul.The electronics used on the newer production les pauls just dosen't cut it.The vol between 2 and 9 is virtually the same.The R&S kit turned my LP studio into a real tone machine,the difference was amazing to say the least.You owe it to your self to at least check them out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

get yourself a brian moore i2.
            the guitar looks, plays and sounds better than any les pauls in its price range ($500).

with the epi les pauls, try to get the limited edition models which in my experience seems to be a bit better overall. i sold a epi gold sparkle top les paul and that guitar was killer.

Comment

In my experience playing them in stores, the quality on the Epi LPs varies widely. Some are great, and make you wonder why you'd want to pay $1500+ for a used Gibby LP. Others are suitable primarily as firewood.

However, I have to say that LP Custom copies always look "wrong" somehow with the rosewood fretboard. I know, that's shallow and not a functional concern, but hey, I love my ebony fretboards...

Comment

Working...
              X