Blues Saraceno Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blues Saraceno Yamaha

What was the Yamaha equivalent of that guitar? I know it was based off of the RGZ or RGX series, and I even posted a detailed difference of the RGX and RGZ from that time period as most have that ugly headstock. From my searches the only one that looks MOSTLY like the Blues Sig guitar is an RGZ Custom (soloist type cutouts without the gawdy beveled edge, and the same headstock as this Blues Saraceno model). Those RGZ Customs are rare and I have never seen one for sale, so that said was there a plain jane model RGZ that looks like this with 2 humbiuckers and same headstock (probably not reversed though) with a Floyd type trem?

Comment

In my post from almost a year ago I mistyped the model number..its the RGZ820R model. Came in plaid and solid black and solid red too. Nice guitar!

Found a archive thread on yamaha.com (weird that they have it listed in the RGX section):
      RGZ820R specs

Comment

I did come across a Yamaha 820R on Music Go Round just yesterday. What years were these offered?

Comment

Wow.....old thread.

For the update. I actually went back to the store and they had bumped the price up a few hundered (can't remember the exact amount...been too long). I was initially going in to buy a Les Paul anyway and when I got to questioning the guy he told me that Gibson "doesn't make premium tops.....they are too busy to grade their tops". The day before on the phone he said all of his LP's are hand picked at the factory for his store and all have "premium tops". This is coming from a shop that is supposedly one of the biggest Gibson dealers on the East Coast. I got really upset when I found out he was trying to pull a fast one (his employee assured me the particular les paul I was looking at was a premium plus) and they were trying to charge up for a "premium top" and only when I asked specifically if this was a "premium plus" did he say no. So alas, I never tried to haggle on the Blues Saraceno anymore after that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What years were these offered?

[/ QUOTE ] 1993 to 1995

Comment

It's a shame these didn't become more popular for Yamaha they seem to be as nice as the Pacificas of that era.

Comment

...and they had the best pickup SD has ever made.....

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

If you search the site, GMW - Dan Lawrence Painted the ones custom made for Blues...

Comment

they come with duncans? the two i found come with di marzio. The price is rising... i think i'll buy a new jackson usa and then a saraceno for backup.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      they come with duncans?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Parallel Axis Trembuckers

Comment

Working...
                      X