My new GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new GMW

This is my first one from there. Needless to say, it's sick. The pattern is off of an '81 Charvel, although I modded it a little bit. Body is swamp ash, 21 fret neck, and a Duncan Distortion (I procured this double cream myself and sent it to Lee.)

Re: My new GMW

That is one sweet guitar.

Congrats !

Comment

Schaweeeeet!!!

Comment

NICE! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

beautiful neck [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

does GMW not logo their guitars normally?
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

gotcha [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Bro that is so awesomme. I am hoping to build one of these myself and as soon as I've done so I'll post some pics, again that is one beautiful guitar well done. Kammo1 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, that's nice!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks alot! I have one of the small, waterslide Charvel logos, but I haven't put it on yet. The neck is terrific - I think the birdseye gives it a tighter grain so it feels extra smooth. Better yet, the whole thing was done in about 10 weeks. Lee had the neck already done so it sped up the process.

Comment

They'll logo "their" guitars. However, for something like this, it would be kind of like if you made some copies of software and started selling them on the street. You wouldn't really want to put a big sticker on it with your company logo, or other identifiable information that could be easily traced back to you.

Stu

Comment

Birdseye is very, very nice.

Comment

damn every time i see a GMW i want to one. Does Lee have those brass V-Trems or do u have to supply him with one. & if it is from him how different is it from the originals

Comment

That is very nice!
                            modeled after the Charvel on the Van Halen I album. Very cool!

Do you think graphics will ever come back in popularity? I admit, I'm getting numb to the figured top look that has been so popular the last decade. That's all you see now. from Samick to PRS. All have some type of figured top.
                            It would be nice to see some cool graphics make a come back.

Kent
                            4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Lee has the vintage, bent plate trems for extra $. I think he used a Phenolic nut on there. I lubed it with graphite and it really stays in tune well. Dived it way down a few times in a row to test and had no problems.

I hope graphics start to come back. A nice figured top is great, but I miss the old days. Maybe some technique will return with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X