Carvin DC127

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin DC127

I just got Carvin's new catalog in the mail and they also have the picture on their website. There is a DC127 with a walnut top, birdseye maple fretboard and creme pickups that just gave me a hard-on. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I think I might know what my next purchase will be. That walnut top is absolutely stunning! I need to have the think spec'd out so I can figure out how much to sell my soul for.
    Has anyone ever had a walnut top on a guitar and if so, how does it sound?
    On a side note, do you guys think that GMW could build a similar guitar for close to the same amount? I've heard such good things about them both.

Re: Carvin DC127

By the waym here is the direct link if you guys haven't seen it and don't feel like looking for it the long way.

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearc...2=DC127&P1=GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
      By the waym here is the direct link if you guys haven't seen it and don't feel like looking for it the long way.

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearc...2=DC127&P1=GTR
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That guitar is slightly different from the one in the brand new catalog. The new one features the M string-thru bridge, and this one features the FT6 bridge. They're both beautiful but I prefer the new bridge.

Comment

Get it and then tell me how it is because I want one too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Walnut is a nice tone wood. I've played walnut acoustics and they were close to rosewood, but with not as much bottom end.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd:
          That guitar is slightly different from the one in the brand new catalog. The new one features the M string-thru bridge, and this one features the FT6 bridge. They're both beautiful but I prefer the new bridge.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mistake. The new catalog walnut 127 features the Wilkinson tremolo.

Comment

Can you look in the new catalog and see if there is a review of the DC400. It is from me. They told me they would publish my full review in the December or January catalog. Thanks John G

Comment

Mike
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Hey John you made the catalog with your review.I started to read it and the guitar sounded awful familiar like toejams old guitar.Sure enough I look down on the bottom John G Milford CT very cool. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                X