• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Experts

Warlock bolt-on
    Made in USA on headstock
    LA, California neckplate
    Serial Number BC12205

Any way to date this sucker since it's not a neck-thru following the standard neck-thru serial numbers?

Re: BC Rich Experts

i remember those being made roughly the same time as the early gunslingers...sorry...wish i could be more help but that's all i know...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I don't even know if this thing is 80's or 90's. Do you have any idea of a possible range of years?

Comment

Greg

Chck this site out and eMail him

http://www.sol.co.uk/r/ronz/

Kev
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Hmmm , La on the neckplate ? I think it might be a class axe BCR. late 80's to early 90's. Go to www.bc-rich.com and e-mail ronz. Im sure he could tell you more than i could.

Comment

90-91 class axe as far as the numbers go, most bolt ons with a 5 digit number were class axe if I remember correctly.I could be wrong because their numbering system was a joke even before class axe took over.BC/then ser# indicates 89 or later [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Class Axe BCR's all had a CA prefix before the serial....even on the bolt ons.

USA neckthrus didn't really start appearing until 1988/9...right before they sold to Ass Axe.

Good chance it's in that range Greg. Also...if you talk to most BC Rich (true) collectors...Ronz is NOT a 100% reliable source of info on BC Rich.

Comment

Dont the class axe BCR's have the TM after the logo on the headstock?

Comment

I'm inclined to say '90 give or take a year or two before or a couple after.

Comment

Originally posted by jem777LNG:
                    Dont the class axe BCR's have the TM after the logo on the headstock?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes...that's another "visual" indication of a Class Axe guitar

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:

USA neckthrus didn't really start appearing until 1988/9...right before they sold to Ass Axe.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just realized I goofed here....I meant to say...USA BOLT-ON's didn't start appearing until '88/9

Comment

So if it's a bolt on with a BC prefix, chances are it's a Class Axe and not a USA made Rich?

Comment

I'd say 90-91 too. Not all class axe guitars have a tm on it, and some of the neck plate say b, bc. or ca.
                          (ed r. was selling necks left over from class axe that just said B C Rich made in USA. I'm not sure if he cut the tm off the logo ?)
                          I have had 2 class axe rich warlocks that looked like a real one but were not.

does yours play good? look good? got any pics?
                          erik

Comment

Ken USA bolt ons did exist prior to then, i had one from late 86, serial#89xxx stamped into the headstock using the neckthru serial# system, it also had a kahler pro, finished neck & full actives.
                            im pretty sure NOT all class axe bolt ons got the TM logo & CA prefix.
                            Also from what info ive gotten Class Axe was in control by the time the got to B7000-9000 range. its was then follwed by the BC prefix. ive actually never seen a CA bolt on PLATE prefix, but have seen CA serial# stamped into headstocks.

Comment

Quite a difference in opinion. None of those websites have any info on dating bolt-ons. I suspect it's 90's but not sure if it's Class Axe or not. It does NOT have the TM on the headstock. Here's a pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X