Opinions sought RE: Washburn NX3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions sought RE: Washburn NX3

It should be a decent guitar. I always prefer the stuff coming out of their US shop better, but the Korean guitars they make seem to be quite good........

Re: Opinions sought RE: Washburn NX3

I'm going to post a thread to see what people thought of this guitar and I saw yours, hehe. I'm really considering this guitar, but I only seem to find it in black and green, and I would like to have it in a natural satin finish, like the guy from Shadows Fall. Seems like a good guitar.

Comment

Opinions sought RE: Washburn NX3

This is the cheapest current version of Washburn's Nuno guitar. As I understand it, they used to sell an N2 (cheaper) and an N4 (USA), and now they sell an NX3 (cheaper) and an NX6 (USA). In the olden days, the cheaper one (N2) lacked the Stephens cutaway, but the NX3 appears to have everything the NX6 has (Stephens cutaway, Floyd lic tremolo, etc.) Plus, the NX3 is only $300! Anyone have an opinion to share?

Comment

Never played an NX3, but the old N2's were always nice guitars, I thought. They could benefit from a pickup change, but I do that to all of my guitars anyway. If it is esentially an N2 with the Steven's cutaway, I would say that $300 is a pretty fair price to pay.

Comment

I was in a local music store today and saw an original N4 in decent shape....I always thought they were cool, and I remember them being in the $400 range. Then I saw the price on this thing....500 bucks! YOu have got to be kidding me! I didn't smell any drugs, but they say crack is odorless....

I just saw the new one in the MF catalog for 300, and unless Washburn's quality has gone down considerably in the past few years, I would say that is a steal. Even though I have never owned oe of their electrics, I have played some of them and they are really nice axes.

Comment

The N4 was never in the $400 range. I dont even think the N2 was ever that cheap.........

Comment

I was very close to buying a NX3, that is untill i found a Jackson hidden behind some guitars. The NX3 in my opinion played very well and didn't sound too bad for stock PU's either. The natural finish looked nice too. But i wanted a Randy Rhoads Jackson for years so i went with the Jackson.
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Sorry, I meant the N2...and I distinctly remember it being that price, beacause i was down to deciding between it and my HM strat, and they were both the same price.

Comment

wow, i was going to ask about this same guitar, bump, any more input would be apreciated (nx3 that is)

Comment

Working...
                  X