Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, you say you like Peavey Vandenbergs!! Looky what I just got in!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you say you like Peavey Vandenbergs!! Looky what I just got in!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, after a "backdoor" deal.. almost a month wait, and stressing over whether I'd EVER get this guitar home.. It showed up via FedEX yesterday, and just in time for Christmas!! A super rare Trans Purple Quilt top Neck-thru Vandenberg!! I know some of you were talking about how great the new neck-thru Vandys are, this is the one that started the whole thing!! I am SO STOKED about this right now!! It cleaned up nice, but was pretty grimy when I got it..

Has one pretty NASTY finish ding/chip on the back of the neck by the headstock, but other than that... not too bad for a guitar of it's age! I don't know, might be a good candidate for a trip to GMW and a full refin!! I'm in the process of getting with Budman (Dave), and he's gonna hook me up with some creme pickup rings (like what was on it orginally) and a trem cover and truss rod cover that I cracked last night while fiddlin' with it!! :-(

Hope you like it, I know I do!!

Re: So, you say you like Peavey Vandenbergs!! Looky what I just got in!!

holy shnikey!! damn nice! i'll bet that looks awesome in person
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

ohh.. that makes me all squishy inside. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

That looks great! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that is beautiful! Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for the pics! Are those Carvin pickups, with all those polepieces, or did it have those originally? Also, do you know what the woods are that were used in this guitar?

Comment

Christ! I need some tissue.

I'd get rid of those Carvin pickups though.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
            Wow, that is beautiful! Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for the pics! Are those Carvin pickups, with all those polepieces, or did it have those originally? Also, do you know what the woods are that were used in this guitar?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks guys, for all the cool comments! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Quick, the wood is Mahogany body/Mahogany neck (set neck, not neck-thru.. My bad on the description of it.. I should have said it was set neck.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] ) with about a 3/4" Maple top on it (at the thickest part in the middle, it tapers off toward the edges).. The fretboard is either very lightly colored rosewood, or possibly Pau Ferro.. Looks like Pau Ferro to me, but I could be wrong.. I think they are Carvin pickups in it, they were in the guitar when I got it... They sound O.K. but when I have Dave make the pickup rings for it, it's gonna be set up for "run of the mill" pickups, not these double adjustment screw type that are on it.. I'm thinking about trying a Zakk Wylde set of EMG's in it.. Since they seem to work really well in Les Pauls and this is constructed pretty similarly..

I think that jgcable had mentioned maybe being interested in these pickups... I'll have to see if he still wants them..

Thanks again!

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Sweet guitar!

Comment

congrats on a fine guitar score there...i played one of those way back in the day when they first came out...they were out of my price range but had one of the sweetest necks i had ever felt ...d.m.

btw stephan...devane will be playing jan 23rd at nine lives and jan 29th at the liquid lounge again...clear your schedule dude [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks d.m.!! Awesome man, I'm gonna tell them I need at least one of those nights off for sure.. Since I know this far in advance, I don't anticipate a problem this time..

How did the Atari sale go? Hope it went off without a hitch and you can keep that snakeskin Jackson!! That is a cool axe for sure, too..

Comment

Beautiful bro! Nice score [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] By the way, you have a PM [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice score man, for sure.

yeah looks like Vandy Custom, OI believe. The neck is actually his design, Adrians, where its a set neck, but its so deep in the body, that its sustain is like that of a neckthrough. if that made any sense haha.

but yeah, those are non stock pups I believe...
                      but I do like the parallel-series (or coil tap I can;t remember) switch....

Comment

Regarding your comments on the Carvin Pickups...... YES>>>>> I want them! Most people don't care for Carvin pickups but I love them. Especially the old style 4 screw hums. Let me know when you are ready to dump them.

BTW..... Kick ass guitar bro. Rare is an understatement.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I'm chomping at the bit to get some strings on her (tomorrow, when the retailers are open again!!) and finish the setup on it!! It was so out of whack when I got it, it was miserable!! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Hey jgcable, I sent you a PM about the pickups..

Comment

Beauty !! The ZW pickups have become my personal favorite combo. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

That´s one sweeet Vandenberg! I´ve wanted one of those for years. Congrats on a super score! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X