50th Anniversary Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary Strat?

As 2004 is the 50th year of the Strat, does anyone know what Fender are planning to do in the way of commemeration? A good buddy of mine is turning 40 next year, and was thinking it'd would make a cool birthday present to himself!

Does Fender count as an "Other Manufacturer" these days? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

50th Anniversary Strat?

As 2004 is the 50th year of the Strat, does anyone know what Fender are planning to do in the way of commemeration? A good buddy of mine is turning 40 next year, and was thinking it'd would make a cool birthday present to himself!

Does Fender count as an "Other Manufacturer" these days? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: 50th Anniversary Strat?

They are keeping very quiet about this one. I predict there will be anniversary models made in all countries (low end guitars will likely have some sort anniversary decal applied somewhere). For the 35th anniversary they went and offered several Custom Shop editions from low number Masterbuilt, to 1954 Custom Shop production. The regular factory placed a metal badge on non-reissue model Strat headstocks with a special neckplate. This time I believe it will be a larger scale.

Comment

They are keeping very quiet about this one. I predict there will be anniversary models made in all countries (low end guitars will likely have some sort anniversary decal applied somewhere). For the 35th anniversary they went and offered several Custom Shop editions from low number Masterbuilt, to 1954 Custom Shop production. The regular factory placed a metal badge on non-reissue model Strat headstocks with a special neckplate. This time I believe it will be a larger scale.

Comment

Just about everything Fender has out right now could be classified as an aniversary model. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No telling what will come of it. One thing I wish would happen is 22 fret Made in Mexico Standard series Strats. It would be nice to have that extra fret and not have to pay $500 more for a USA model.

Comment

Just about everything Fender has out right now could be classified as an aniversary model. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No telling what will come of it. One thing I wish would happen is 22 fret Made in Mexico Standard series Strats. It would be nice to have that extra fret and not have to pay $500 more for a USA model.

Comment

Why don't you go with a Highway 1?

Comment

Why don't you go with a Highway 1?

Comment

isnt the 50th anniversary the gold anniversary?
                  Thats all im saying. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Gil

Comment

isnt the 50th anniversary the gold anniversary?
                    Thats all im saying. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Gil

Comment

I have checked out several Highway 1 Strats. They play great and all, but I don't like the finishes. It would take an act of God to get me motivated to send one off for a refinish. I guess I'm just kinda particular about things like that. If I'm going to spend the cash I gotta get as close to exactly what I want. I guess that would put me in the "Anal" class. I still might go with one. You never know.

Comment

I have checked out several Highway 1 Strats. They play great and all, but I don't like the finishes. It would take an act of God to get me motivated to send one off for a refinish. I guess I'm just kinda particular about things like that. If I'm going to spend the cash I gotta get as close to exactly what I want. I guess that would put me in the "Anal" class. I still might go with one. You never know.

Comment

Working...
                        X