Peavey Wolfgang Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Wolfgang Custom Shop?

Anyone ever notice that you can build your own Wolfgang Custom with choice of body wood besides asswood? You can get mahongany, ash, alder, different hardware color, black or white body binding, different fingerboard wood like ebony or rosewood. And you can choose whether you want a plain, quilted, flamed maple, koa tops, many choices of colors. Now that is pretty cool!!! http://www.peavey.com/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Peavey Wolfgang Custom Shop?

Yep. My basswood goldtop with EBMM pickups in it is a tone god though... Almost everything else I own is Mahogany. I have one or two ash and alder bodies too. I am not a big fan of basswood myself but this one sounds really really good. I have played other Wolfs that sound good too though so maybe they got basswood dialed in with these... I own a regular ol special model too and they all really play well and I have lots of other choices of guitars but lately I am reaching for the Wolfgang....

Comment

I've never played a Wolfgang, and I'm not a real big fan of basswood either. Though, maybe I'll have to try one some time and see now since you say it's nice. I really dig the shape of the Wolfgang and think one day I might get one, and I think it's really neat how you can customize one to your own specs for something a little different.

Comment

Yeah and they have some really different/ nice paint jobs. I am in NJ too so if you ever want to check it out through a good rig and LOUD then let me know. I am in Highland Lakes/Vernon - Mountain Creek Ski Area. It is about an 1 hour 30 min from you though... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, thanks for the offer. I sometimes travel up that way and through different parts of the state. If I'm ever going to be around that area again, I'll let you know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They don't charge too much either for a totally hand made custom shop Wolfgang. It is a very nice deal for an outstanding guitar.

Comment

Now...DON'T get me WRONG, as I OWN FIVE WOLVES {4 archtop Standards and one Special}...BUT...I'll BET CASH MONEY that for the price of ONE Custom Shop Wolfgang...

...A guy could buy THREE Ernie Ball Axis guitars that ANY ONE OF would KICK the Wolfie's A$S !!!!

Comment

Doc, not true. A custom shop Wolfgang runs around $2500.00. The difference between an EB Axis and a custom shop Wolfgang is huge. You can't build your own Axis. The Wolfgang custom shop is basically a few master luthiers who totally hand make the guitars. There is a long delivery time but you can order just about any option you want. They are also extremely limited production. The craftsmanship of their custom shop guitars is as good as it gets. The resale value is excellent. It's all good to me.

Comment

i have played many usa wolfies and i use to own an eb/mm axis.
                  i have to agree with doc that the axis is much better than the wolfies. the necks/frets are nicer dressed, the overall workmanship and materials are cleaner/better.
                  The necks on the wolfies can't touch the axis's wood quality and feel.
                  i think the sound is also better, more clarity and articulation in my opinion.
                  i also think a used axis a very good bargain.

Comment

While I did play an Axis and thought it was great, I think it's really neat that you can custom order a Wolfgang with your own body wood, neck wood, hardware color and paint specs. The price really doesn't seem too bad for a custom, not that I plan on buying one. If I were to go with another production guitar made of asswood, I'd probably go with the Axis first, but I think what Peavey's doing is great by offering different wood choices for customs.

[ September 16, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Originally posted by data187:
                      i have played many usa wolfies and i use to own an eb/mm axis.
                      i have to agree with doc that the axis is much better than the wolfies. the necks/frets are nicer dressed, the overall workmanship and materials are cleaner/better.
                      The necks on the wolfies can't touch the axis's wood quality and feel.
                      i think the sound is also better, more clarity and articulation in my opinion.
                      i also think a used axis a very good bargain.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Data, we aren't taking about production model Wolfs. We are talking custom shop.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                        While I did play an Axis and thought it was great, I think it's really neat that you can custom order a Wolfgang with your own body wood, neck wood, hardware color and paint specs. The price really doesn't seem too bad for a custom, not that I plan on buying one. If I were to go with another guitar made of asswood, I'd probably go with the Axis first, but I think what Peavey's doing is great by offering different wood choices.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The options include different body wood, neck wood, fretboard material, fret size, hardware, and electronics. You can order a mohagony Wolf with an ebony board and MOP inlays for example.

Comment

I just looked at the form quick but didn't realize you could get different fret sizes and electronics.

Comment

I know a guy who has one with 1 pickup and a piezo. The body is Koa as is the headstock overlay and the neck is ebony with SG Custom style MOP's. All the hardware is gold. I have also been told that Roland Ready's are available. I wanted to order a Mohagony bodied gold archtop with 3 cream humbuckers with pickup bezels, rosewood fretboard with split trapezoid MOP's. 2 volumes, 1 tone and the traditional 3 way toggle. One day maybe....

Comment

Wow! I guess you gotta call up to order then? Because none of those options are on the custom form on Peavey's site.

Comment

Working...
                              X