SIGH WHY WHY WHY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIGH WHY WHY WHY

Spotted at a yard sale a little bit ago on my way to the supermarket. (Mind you, I have about $100 to my name right now)

One 58 ish Fender Princeton 1x12 tweed combo, One 58 Fender Telecaster, tons of Cowboy sheet music, photos of the gear being used in the early 60's, receipts, tags, straps, strings etc..

Asking price $400 for both. quote "They are old so they must be collectable, that's why the price is so high".

I did the honorable thing and told her that the guitar was probably worth more than $5,000 and the amp would be pretty pricey as well. This sweet old lady did not believe one word I said [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

On my way back I saw a dude loading them up in his car. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ September 11, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Re: SIGH WHY WHY WHY

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

dude next time give her $20 tell her you'll come back with the rest. find a way to get the $ beg borrow or steal, cash advance a credit card. you could have sold the amp for alot more than $400. i missed a deal like that once & vowed NEVER let it happen again...... still havnt found one tho

Comment

Hell I begged borrowed and stole the $100 I have now [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Had an interview this week so I have my fingers crossed.

This was my second find. Several years ago I got a vintage LesPaul jr for cleaning up a yard.

Comment

I did the honorable thing and told her that the guitar was probably worth more than $5,000 and the amp would be pretty pricey as well.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what you're saying is, since you can't have it for $400, you figured you'd wreck anyone elses chance of getting a killer deal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Man that's the story of my life, deals like that only pop up when I'm broke. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

OWWWWWWWWWWW What a kick in the crotch!!!
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I did the honorable thing and told her that the guitar was probably worth more than $5,000 and the amp would be pretty pricey as well.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what you're saying is, since you can't have it for $400, you figured you'd wreck anyone elses chance of getting a killer deal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">true, but on the other hand, he was trying to help some naive lady not lose a few grands worth of possible sale

David

Comment

But would he have felt bad enough to offer her $5000 if he had it,knowing how much it was worth,or pay the $400 and not say sh1t?
                  I know what I would do and it wouldn't be spending my wad [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

bah, it's just money.

No use lamenting over something so trivial. Like my brother says, you cant take it with you to the afterlife!

You did your good deed by telling her and trying to inform.

Comment

Yeah, and no good deed goes unpunished [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It'll end up on Ebay, either in parts or as a whole. Hopefully P40Nut or MWilly won't get a hold of it. Or Kneel. Jesus save us all if Kneel gets his hands on it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X