Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happening with Hex / Gothic?

Originally posted by tyrant21:
    i just got ripped off on a guitar from www.gothiccustomguitars.com and am trying to get my money back, about 40 people have been scammed from there, including members of dark tranquility, nile, and deicide
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What's the story here? I thought that dude was being cool with the payment plans, etc....
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: What\'s happening with Hex / Gothic?

Dude, WTF? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.acidpit.org/mcs/viewtopic.php?t=533

There you have it.

Comment

yup, i got ripped off, he had some people convinced man, because of that i felt safe

Comment

Well, you know, if it seems to good to be true...

Comment

That is some crazy ass fvcked up sh!t. What makes this incredible is how he got the instant credibility from a couple of big names (DT, Deicide and Nile) without actually delivering any instruments to his customers. Sh!t, there's even a section for Hex Custom Guitars on the Seymour Duncan OEM page!

"Well, you know, if it seems to good to be true..."

This statement is a perfect example of how a lot of independent luthiers will be hurt by this fvck. You cannot blame the public for becoming weary of indie builders.

But of course most of them aren't crooks and Neal Moser is wrong when he says that a custom guitar with quality components for $1500 or less is too good to be true for I have one in my hands

Comment

Nice Explorer Jerry real nice

Man that is some screwed up stuff. I love when it is everyone's fault but your own. If you are a stand up guy you contact everyone you have dealt with. You can rectify teh situation and clear it all up IR I have taken losses I will give you status updates on the Guitar every Monday and Weds or something like that and rebate the stuff you can't build.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

My comment applied to the entire supposed 'Hex/Gothic' business method, not merely the final price. The whole 'pay me a little bit at a time and I'll send you the bolt-on prototype' thing seemed way over the top even before the scam became apparent.

Remember, earlier threads here speculated (if I recall correctly) that he was using Carvin neck blanks etc. in order to make a custom guitar for that price. Personally, I've never made a guitar, but Neal's price quote doesn't seem that outrageous for a first-rate purely custom one-of-a-kind guitar (i.e., no 'customized basic model' thing like most custom Jacksons are).

Comment

check out these threads

http://www.guitarsite.com/database/M...ssages/1.shtml

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=16;t=000358

damn

I wonder if warhead is among those who got ripped off [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Jerry I have complimented that Explorer before but I can't remember who built it for you?

Comment

Now that I take a good look at it...that guitar looks like one of Misfits guitarist Doyle's custom guitars that his brother Jerry Only built. I'm wondering if someone just took a pic of that guitar and stuck their name on the pic to scam people...

Comment

Working...
                      X