My score of the day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My score of the day.

Brand new out of box w/ warranty Roland ready MIM strat, black with a white GK2a....199.00.
    A used SKB 66 case, 20.00.

So now I just need the best application to use this.. any suggestions? There was a Roland JV1010 for 200.00, I was tempted but I passed until I did more research.

Re: My score of the day.

I only wish I could score Daily.

Comment

I have the Roland VG-8 with the S-1 upgrade and some extra sound modules. It is the best sounding unit I have ever used. I highly suggest it for your Roland strat. Of course if you want to get rid of it please let me know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks JG. The VG8 is a consideration..can you midi patch a sound module into the VG8 to expand it's sounds? I know it has tons already and is very flexible. I'm just wondering how "self contained" it is, or can it utilize midi patch sounds outside of itself?

Comment

I believe I asked this the last time when it was brought up.. I just could not recall for sure.
          When I got my 707, my response was the same "keyboards? who needs a keyboard player?"
          The 707 is ok for a few songs, it's just a bit to rad in comparison to a standard guitar. I want to be able to use a system for orchestration and filler sounds in an A/B setup similar to yours, but one I can feel comfortable playing the entire night.

This was a GC deal.. Labor Day special. I got a bunch of things for stupid cheap, a pair of new Svetlana made brown base EL34 442's designed for Mesa..4.00. New Matched Pair of KT66 Groove Tube 5 rating. 4.00.
          They had Pod Pro rackmounts for 200.00.. again tempted.. but I'll have to wait till the closeout at the years end to see if they drop more.

Anyways, I was checking on Ebay, seems the MIM Roland ready strats are going for a pretty reasonable price about 200-300.00 new and used. This was to great a deal to pass up.

[ September 02, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

I will check my manual when I get home and let you know for sure. I am assuming that it will only because it seems to do everything else. I have been comparing its patches to the "real thing" at my home studio and many of them are absolutely perfect. 59 bassmans, tele's, Broadcasters, Esquires, 59 Plexi's, P90's,12 strings, drop d's, open tunings, synths, horns, killer lead guitar sounds, piezo's, famous player presets, Soldano's, semi hollows, Gretch's, Dobro's, etc...........
            One thing that I have noticed is that it has one distinct similarity to the Behringer V-amp2 that I had. The Steve Lukather patches on both of them is absolutely KILLER!! He gets great sound. One of the patches is called 25 or 6 to 4 and it is EXACTLY the same as the Chicago recording. So is the Cream bass sound. The thing is just killer. You need to check one out for your newly stolen Roland Ready Fender!!!

Comment

Yes you can. I have never tried it. The VG-8 has so many great patches I haven't even explored them all. The Soldano 8x12 patch is absolutely killer. I am not sure if Lynch used that amp when they recorded Back for the Attack but it nails his tone perfectly. Also the Lukalead patch is perfect. I am looking for another Roland ready guitar to add to my live rig. I only have 1 now and I never gig without a backup. Being able to have a real sounding string section in the background of a killer guitar sound is totally awesome. I route the strings to the board and I use my Carvin Quad X as the preamp. Killer. It certainly isn't a simple system but it sure is worth it to me. The options are endless and if you are in a single guitar band it is a great tool to have. "I don't need no stinkin keyboard player" Oh yea... the bass patches are perfect! "I don't need no stinkin bass player either" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The VG8 is the ultimate system out there, but as far as I know you can not control a MIDI module with it.............

Comment

Damn!

Charvelguy, which GC did you get such good deals at? I went to the event at the SF GC and all I walked away with was a quality 20 ft cable for $6. There were some deals to be had, but nothing really special.

Comment

Minneapolis MN,-Rosedale store. We have two locations, but they're the closest. On Memorial day, they had a Marshall Jubilee half stack.. 700.00 in purple tolex..maybe it was a thirty aniv. They had Marshall cabs.. 150.00.

[ September 03, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Working...
                    X