Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the new Floyd Rose Highway one Fender Showmaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the new Floyd Rose Highway one Fender Showmaster?

Curious if anyone has heard of the quality of these. Seems to be a good value being $800 and made in U.S. Anyone on the forum tried one of these yet?

Re: Anyone tried the new Floyd Rose Highway one Fender Showmaster?

I got to check one out. Nothing special. The neck feels like the modified C that all of Fender's MIM Strats and Teles have as well as their USA Strats and Teles. The body is a little small like the Charvel predator. I guess it can be called a Dinky Strat. A Floy is a Floyd is a Floyd. The pickups sound alright. I wouldn't pay that much for that model. 24 frets and the small body are kinda lame. I'd rather put my money on a Jackson DK2. You can upgrade to a Floyd and better pickups on a DK2 and still come out below $800. If you just have to have a Fender by all means get one. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

I wondered about that and you answered my questions well, Jon; thanks for that. I'd
      thought about that in terms of if I needed a low-key guitar but with 24 frets
      and Floyd, which I prefer both of those features. Doesn't sound worth it to me
      now, and "Showmaster" sounds too much like "Stagemaster" which is a Squier model. Maybe that should tell me something?

Thanks for the good advice Jon!
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No problemo Lex. Fender is doing some strange things as of late. Alot of what they are doing looks like they are trying to slowly break into the metal market again. I have played their Scorion and Tribal models and they are for the birds too. They (Tribal and Scorpion) look cool, but for a Korean guitar priced like an American guitar it's like Musicyo/Kramer 1984 model prices. You don't get much more for the money you shell out. Glad I could help. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X