Tom Delonge Fender Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Delonge Fender Strat?

Has anyone played one?, I like the idea of the hard tail, one hum, one volume and its a strat.

Anything at all about them are they junk/good? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] just curious

Thanks Rick

Re: Tom Delonge Fender Strat?

it sucks becuase tom delonge plays it, blink 182 sucks

Comment

I think they're pretty cool. A single hum strat, with a hardtail, how could you go wrong. Who cares who plays it? Is Tom Delonge any worse than Phil Collen from Def Leppard?

[ August 20, 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: kevhogAZ ]

Comment

Originally posted by xRR1x:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now that's a considered, well-balanced appraisal of the instrument. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I don't mind them. I've played a couple and they seemed quite solid guitars. Not a real fan of that neck profile though. That would be my only complaint.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by xRR1x:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you take that directly from the Harmony Central forums? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Yeah Tom & Blink kinda blow, but the guitar has some merits. It is a tad overpriced however. I wouldn't mind one at all, but I'd dump the Invader and put in a pickup the doesn't mud up and MELT the front end of my amp. Something a tad more articulate - less power. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It is a nice guitar but the Invader is a little too overpowering. It works well with a Marshall JCM800 but sounds muddy with a Mesa. I would buy the Mexi model and put my own pickup in it.
              Oh yea... How dare you compare Tom Delonge to Phil Collen on this board!! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              just kiddin...

Comment

I've owned 3. One black and 2 surf green. They were cool, but have finish problems like chipping, over spray and even fingerprints from the paint all over the back of the neck. The older ones have the 60's C profile and the newer ones have the modified C. I could pull off anything all that great with any of mine. They look cool and all and can sound very good, but not worth big bucks. Look to E-bay.

Comment

Working...
                X