Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gibson Les Paul with Floyd and lower horn acess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibson Les Paul with Floyd and lower horn acess?

Neal Schon article in the new G1. He has a Les Paul Standard and it is tricked out!

Has back heel all shaped and it looks neckthru. Also has Floyd and locking nut and a Fernandes Sustainer system in it. He talks about it breifly and says it is a prototype he picked up from Gibson last night (In the article that is).

Looks freaking saweeet!

You see the front of the guitar in the index(small pic) and the back( Big pic) of the guitar in the article itself.

Cool. Hope it becomes a model. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: New Gibson Les Paul with Floyd and lower horn acess?

I saw that - I was wondering if it was one of his PRS's since he got a few of those that are pretty tricked out too. In the first pic of him, he had a Paul, but you really couldn't see much on that rear pic. Neal's always been an innovator as far as his gear goes.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing too, but then I saw the small pic in the front of it and it is a LP with the floyd and the locking nut and all. Cool Stuff for sure!

Comment

Not sure when the article was done, but I'm pretty sure I saw him play it live last month. A cool axe for sure, and he played it most of the night.

I think it's a LP custom, though, not a standard.

Comment

It looked like a Standard sunburst to me. I will check later. Still in all, It was friggin cool!

Comment

Then he's got two of them! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The one I saw was jet black, not a sunburst. Definitely Floyd'd, and I thought the neck H was a sustainer. It was a blade type, and had a couple of extra toggle switches behind the bridge. I'm pretty sure the black one is a custom, as the fretboard looked like ebony and the headstock was bound w/the diamond shaped (...whatever you call them) inlays.

Comment

Could anyone please post a picture of the guitar in question?

Comment

http://www.guitaronemag.com/feature2.asp

This is a very cropped pic of the standard one he is playing on guitar one's website

Cant really see much of the guitar other than the standard inlays.

Comment

http://www.guitaronemag.com/feature2.asp

This is a very cropped pic of the standard one he is playing on guitar one's website

Cant really see much of the guitar other than the standard inlays.

Comment

he has more than 3 LPs with an OFR. i was reading an article by his tech. & he installed OFRs into neals old LPs & PRSs along with the sustainers. as for scooping the heal he didnt mention it. as for the new ones gibson custom shop made for Neal very cool. always wanted a OFR les paul didnt the guy from the Cult have a few too.

Comment

OK, now it's at least 3 of `em. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Here's a pic of him playing a gold top one, although it doesn't look like a sustainer.

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/press...03/feb19a.html

Comment

I recently read something about that (besides the mag article) that it is going to be a NS sig model. I saw him play the burst in Worcester last month - looked and sounded awesome.

Comment

Yeah! i bet it is huge $$$$ though... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Exactly! When isn't a Gibson Sig model unreasonably priced?

Comment

Working...
                            X