Fender USA SRV strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender USA SRV strat

What do you guys think about these axes? yeah or neigh?....I've been thinking about picking one up.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: Fender USA SRV strat

I've had a dozen pass through my hands over the years, and only one stood out among the others. I'd wanna' play it before I bought another, they seem hit & miss, and in my case, too many misses. If you can snag one for $650.00 or so, grab it. The going rate seems to be $900. range though. Also, watch out for the catch phrase "early Brazilian rosewood model". There are very few with Brazilian, but alot of false claims accompany many of the ones I see for sale.

Comment

You are so right Mr.Graphic. Very few were made with Brazillian boards. The only reason that the Brazillian board models are cool at all is because the necks were made by the Custom Shop as the guitar was initally going to be a Custom Shop produced instrument. Fender scrapped that idea early and the necks already made were used in the first standard production run. Some people feel those early models are better made than later runs, but that is subjective. Try before you buy, but expect to go through a bunch.

FWIW, the Brazillian used on these models is not the same as the vintage boards. It is more like the backs of old vintage Martin guitars with red and beige strips of color running throughout. Not the old style almost ebony looking wood found on vintage Fenders.

[ August 17, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Weren't the standard production ones made with a Pao Fero (sp?) board?
        I was looking forward to these when they came out, but wound up not impressed. Guess I didn't find that one.

Comment

Out of all the 'signature' strats I've played in the stores, my favorite, oddly enough, is the Bonnie Raitt model. That one really comes alive--the neck feels better and it seems to have more 'heft' to its sound. Plus, it has the big '70s headstock, which is way cooler than the normal headstock.

Comment

Yup, I agree 100%. I dig that one too. Slap a single bucker guard on there and thats a good guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X