Fernandes Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes Rhoads

I found this Fernandes Rhoads copy on the net.

http://uk.geocities.com/acceleronuk/fernrr.htm

When did Fernandes build Rhoads models? Were they ever available in the US / Europe?

I belive there's a guy here that has a white one. He also has a RR1 and a Rhoads Professional matching it (both black).

Can't remeber what he's called, but I think he's from Denmark.
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Fernandes Rhoads

probably mid-late eighties.. like 85-89 not sure...I think they're pretty rare as from what I reall hearing, they got slapped with a copyright suit right away.

Comment

Fretless! I wonder what playing a fretless guitar would be like?

Comment

I have a mid-80's Fernandes catalogue, which has a whole section devoted to some really cool artist replicas. As well as Randy's polkadot Sandoval and white LP Custom, there's a Schenker B/W Vee, Blackmore's scalloped Strat, Matt Jabs' striped Explorer, Brad Gillis' Red hotrod Strat,and a bunch of others. Presumably most of these were only available in Japan,although I did own a RR LP Custom for a while.(Shoulda kept that one.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

Comment

really? they made all those? I have to hit Japan one of these days when the dollar is killing the yen. (no offense to any Japanese readers)
          What year is your catalog? or is it in all Japanese?

I had wanted to play a fretless for many years.. I may still do it..yank all them out and filler in some cheapo. Definitely change your phrasing and tone to a degree.

[ July 29, 2003, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

According to his bio; 1986: "TIM DONAHUE MODEL 6 string fretless guitar produced & marketed in Japan."

It says later, he is endorsed by Fernandes in 1997.

[ July 29, 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

pretty cool but im a sucker for boomerang tail piece RRs.

Comment

Originally posted by KV_X:
                Fretless! I wonder what playing a fretless guitar would be like?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I was thinking.

Besides, everytime I see a rhoads that's not a standard production model (customs/other brands), I just have to check them out.
                I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

There is one on ebay right now....you could still get them in the early 90's, at least in Australia, back when you could also get their LP Standard replica's.

Comment

Forgot, it's on Aussie ebay atm....standard Floyd copy of the times, probably worn out....weird graphic add-on...

Comment

Working...
                    X