Ibanez SZ String-Thru Opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez SZ String-Thru Opinions ?

What do you guys think of the Ibanez SZ? It doesn't seem bad for an inexpensive set-neck, string-through mahagony.

25.1" scale, 22 frets - $449 list. I don't know about the Gibraltar bridge, and it might need a pickup upgrade and locking tuners.

More Info

Re: Ibanez SZ String-Thru Opinions ?

VERY nice guitar. I've played a few, and I loved them. They play GREAT. I might get one in the future.

Comment

most ibanez's play great, but they just don't sounds all that great. it seems like the wood isn't very resonant. i had an ibanez s540 and the pickups squealed like crazy and the sustain was mediocre. but the guitar was very easy to play....just my 2¢

Comment

At this price point Ibanez are hard to beat... They've been building guitars like this forever (the Artist, the Ghostrider, the AR) and do them as well or better as anyone else in that league... it's not a Swee-Tone, but it's a decently built, giggable axe. You may want to upgrade the pups at some point tho'...

Comment

I played one recently at a music store and it felt pretty good. Action was too high though but with a good setup and a decent price, I think it's a decent buy.

Comment

In that style, I think I'd go more for a Schecter C1 Classic. Neck-thru mahogany w/maple quilt top. 24 frets. Real Duncan JB/59, tonepros bridge. You can get one of those for $600, and the hardware difference between that and this Ibanez is worth way more than the price difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
              In that style, I think I'd go more for a Schecter C1 Classic. Neck-thru mahogany w/maple quilt top. 24 frets. Real Duncan JB/59, tonepros bridge. You can get one of those for $600, and the hardware difference between that and this Ibanez is worth way more than the price difference between the two.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The C-1 Classic is also a very appealing guitar, but I don't care for those "Ivy Vine" inlays. There's also the C-1 Stealth (with SDs) without the inlays, but it only comes in black. There's something about the Schecter necks that just feel a bit weird to me.

Comment

I just noticed that Marty Friedman is playing these SZ guitars. I know he's with Ibanez, but I didn't know he played these guitars. And I also know this thread is quite old, but how could it be he plays these guitars. I would think they wouldn't satisfie him. He obvously puts SD pups in there, but still? Only 22 frets, no locking tuners and Korean made. The SZ costs nearly less than the inlays on his Jacksons. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                It TRULY is for the money!

Comment

I recently purchased a s-classic for approx $300.
                  It is a nice playing, decent sounding guitar for the money.
                  The ibanez plays great, stays in tune, and sounds pretty decent.
                  The neck on it is fast, but then thin body doesn't sustain as much as a model series charvel.
                  If charvel model series came with a t-o-m bridge or a string thru, i would buy them all in a heartbeat.
                  Since they don't make them like that, Ibanez is a good 2nd choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X