sully guitar #3...progress pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sully guitar #3...progress pix

Sweetness!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I love Firebirds and was thinking of having one built eventually with a regular humbucker in the bridge, minibucker for the middle, P-90 for the neck. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks great Sully!! Are you going to keep the fretboard blank or are you going to do some sort of custom inlay?
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Nice work, Sully. Looking good so far.

Comment

Wow, that's beautiful! I can't imagine how cool it will look when it's done.

Comment

great looking axe, i love firebirds......sully, if you need any help or have any questions give me a hollar....ive got a huge network of sources now

Comment

thanks doug, it's nice to have resources!

the gut cut is just about done, as is the cutaway scalloping. there wasn't much upper register access, so some countours have been strategically placed. gonna drill the bridge post holes, and bolt holes in the pocket tomorrow. there's more pix on my site, check it out if you wish... www.sullyguitars.com

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Hey sully, nice guitar. How are you gonna do your screw holes for the neck with the recess. No neckplate? Are you gonna use sleeves? Did you ever consider adding microtilt in any of your guitars? If you don't use a neckplate how do you incorporate your Sully Guitars logo? If you ever need neck scalloping please let me know. I have done 40-50 necks so far with one being supposedly for Warren Demartini although I don't have a clue if he ever actually played it. His (supposed) guitar tech, a guy named Glen in Tampa, Florida sent me one of his Charvel maple necks and I did a full compound scallop on it. It was a pre-pro Strathead that was never mounted.

[ July 11, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: jgcable ]

Comment

perhaps scalloping is the wrong word for it... i'll still be able to use a neckplate, as that area will still be flat, i'll just use shorter screws to compensate for the wood taken off (which isn't too much in that area).

the headstock will be logoed as well.. fear not, i'll use any opportunity to get the ol' name on there!

thanks for the offer; if i get scalloping requests, you'll be the first person i call!

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully,
                    Cool site, do you ever sleep? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

heh... between adminning here, building the robbin crosby site, my friend's tattoo ink company site, and the sully site...i'd say i'm a bit busy. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

that is looking pretty damn good Sully...that is going to be a killer when its finished (even w/o a Floyd [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

What can be said except [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] oh, I can also say what the hell do all of you have against stopbars? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] That top's going to be killer done up in blue. Can't wait to see it finished. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks shawn! comin from you, that means a lot...crazy floyd lover!!!

BM, i know what you mean.... stopbars look killer on some guitars, not so wonderful on others...

we just drilled the bridge post holes, and drilled the neck pocket for the bolts. the neck was already drilled, so we had to match it up. PITA, but i have a great way of doing it. i'll post a tutorial about it soon.

about one more week, then it's off to paint!

sully
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i'm not one for firebirds but that sure is a pretty one...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                              X